cam gains? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam gains?
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:32 AM
I have a 00' 2.4 and was thinking about the secret cam swap everybody is always talking about. Is it worth it?? I currently just have a cat back exhaust and an intake. If i swap out the secret cams along with the HO mani/tb will it make a considerable difference?? just thought i'd ask cuz i know a lot of ppl on here have done this...

I have a header too waiting to be installed btw.

Re: cam gains?
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:17 PM
well I have a 2001 4 door with the 4speed and 2.4, secret cams, full exhaust, CAI, header, lower motor mount and I pulled a 2001 z24 and he had the sames mods minus the cams, + he had a shift plus, I had another person in the car, and he was by himself, i see a difference in my top end torque, I pulled him from 60-75 (speed limit) 3 times, I say go with them, but I have no HP/TQ number to back me up, but I pull z24 with the sames mods w/ my 4 door.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:33 PM
no one ever dyno'd the cam swap or the HO manifold swap. nobody knows the horsepower numbers.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:39 PM
Without headwork, I'd estimate around 15 wheel. With headwork, could be closer to 25 or 30 wheel.

PUSHROD SQUAD 2200 OHV. 462 hp / 396 tq *RIP*
Abe Froman Video Productions on Myspace (click here)

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:48 PM
yea i thought so since I've never seen anything posted with actual numbers. well I have 3 months til I get my license back so I have the time to work on her. I suppose I'll go pick up the stuff and start puttin it all together. Thanks for the input guys and wish me luck!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:00 PM
good luck....... I dont regret installing them nice to see the look on z24's when a 4 door pulls them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search