Ecotec Fuel system - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Fuel system
Monday, March 26, 2007 9:59 PM
Can somebody help me out on a fuel system? whats the best thing i can do to get a fuel system in an 05 cavalier that is going to flow enough for 400HP? I think im just going to buy a fuel safe fuel cell and run everything external! i cant find anything on what ill need for safe boosting or nitrous.

Re: Ecotec Fuel system
Monday, March 26, 2007 10:17 PM
400HP?

New Picture comming this summer.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:40 PM
Easy....keep everything stock, add a high flow fuel pump, get a new intake manifold (Hahn manifold, GM, or fabricated), mount 4 extra injectors in each runner, get a program to control them (Hahn's Portfueler, or any other type of extra injector controller), and set them to add fuel when the engine sees boost.

The fuel system is easy to figure out. I'd worry more about how you're going to make 400hp.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:44 PM
400 hp???

you have a better chance of seeing God. no offense

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:03 PM
you guys are laughing at 400hp? 400hp in an ecotec is simple compared to the quad 4s. 1500hp is possible.

pistons, cams, connecting rods, lifters, rings, p&p. iirc thats all you really need for 400hp. stock intake manifold will work.

portfueler is a great way to do the fuel but it will run you a grand. it completely replaces your intake manifold.

But if you dont want to spend lots of money, bigger injectors, better fuel pump and hp tuners will help you get 400hp.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:30 PM
^ When you want to reach 400hp you must know what you're doing... reaching 400hp is not as easy as reading Gm performance book!!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:07 PM
99redz24 wrote:400 hp???

you have a better chance of seeing God. no offense

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is correct!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:07 AM
I love how everyone thinks it's easy to reach 400HP. Try reaching 300HP first, because even that is a chore to reach, especially while keeping the car daily drivable.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:27 AM
Megaman wrote:400HP?

Like what I said before!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:38 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:I love how everyone thinks it's easy to reach 400HP. Try reaching 300HP first, because even that is a chore to reach, especially while keeping the car daily drivable.

yes it is hard to reach there, but realistically its very possible. Everyone here is coming out saying its not possible etc...

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:09 PM
for someone like Hypsy it be easier for him to reach 400 hp cause he has a bussiness bringing in extra money.
this Justin guy is only 20 years old. he probaly has money for college, bills, etc etc and has a crappy job.
but hey what do i know?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:11 PM
99redz24 wrote:for someone like Hypsy it be easier for him to reach 400 hp cause he has a bussiness bringing in extra money.
this Justin guy is only 20 years old. he probaly has money for college, bills, etc etc and has a crappy job.
but hey what do i know?

Dude....I started my business on 1/1/2006. I started building my car in 2005. How does my business help that any? It helps NOW when I need to repair things but I bought everything needed for my 12 second car almost 6 months before I started my business....including the HRC kit which cost me exactly what it cost everyone else at that time.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search