I need an exhaust!! Please help me find the right one - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need an exhaust!! Please help me find the right one
Monday, March 26, 2007 8:06 PM
Sorry for bothering everyone but I am getting so tired of hearing people with these mufflers attached to their factory exhaust system on their cars making those damn high pitch whistling noises. I wanta blow their minds and cars outta here by getting a cat-back exhaust system for my 03 cavy but I don't know if one exhaust is better then an other. A couple of people have been telling me to look at a Thermal CL exhaust but everywhere I read it states that "it is recommended for the aggressively built cars" I only have an AEM cold intake on there now and I might put some headers on later but thats about it I don't want to over do it, I gotta pay for college feel me haha. Anyway, would that be a problem if I chose to get the Thermal exhaust or is there something better out there that I haven't heard about????? If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time

Re: I need an exhaust!! Please help me find the right one
Monday, March 26, 2007 8:16 PM
I have a magnaflow cat-back. Some people say it's a bit raspy, but I really like it.
I would also check out Borla, and some people like dynomax, but I personally don't.

Monday, March 26, 2007 9:55 PM
Id take a look at the Vibrant Cat back. Team Green LOVES my exhaust. Granted its a 2.4 it still sounds AWESOME. Deep sound compliments the intake really well when you get on it, it gets loud but never obnoxious.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:14 AM
Megan racing. I love mine but its load as hell

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:25 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:Id take a look at the Vibrant Cat back. Team Green LOVES my exhaust. Granted its a 2.4 it still sounds AWESOME. Deep sound compliments the intake really well when you get on it, it gets loud but never obnoxious.

sound clip?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:22 PM
thats cool thanks guys but what do you guys think about the Thermal Exhaust??? Has any of you heard about it or have it at all????
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:30 PM
i have the thermal on my car. sounds great. not too loud, not raspy at all.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:44 PM
why does it say that they are recommended for aggressively built cars i only got headers and a cold air intake would it hurt if I got the Thermal CL exhaust or what. O and how much did you pay for it everywhere I look it's $540???????
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:44 PM
what website are you veiwing this on???

i paid $450 for mine back 3 years ago

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:05 PM
tha_prowler wrote:
Wrench Monkey wrote:Id take a look at the Vibrant Cat back. Team Green LOVES my exhaust. Granted its a 2.4 it still sounds AWESOME. Deep sound compliments the intake really well when you get on it, it gets loud but never obnoxious.

sound clip?

No sound clips as of yet... maybe ill get some tommorow... more like vid clips

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:19 PM
Rasp is your enemy..... Whatever exhaust you may get, you may want to add a glasspack or a resonator in there to help get rid of the rasp.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:03 PM
Im looking on prostreetonline.com and kidimports.com to name a few and they both price them at about $500-$580 with shipping included
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:07 PM
most sites i see with thermal exhaust on is $550 plus. oh well

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:14 PM
pretty much lol but u like yours right?? what all do u have in your car??
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:21 PM
if ya want to go through the thread I post below, it's got different exhaust vids and it might help out your choice on what you want.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=380945&t=339698&p=1

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:34 PM
Devin wrote:pretty much lol but u like yours right?? what all do u have in your car??

my mods are listed in my profile

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:46 PM
yea sorry bout that i didnt think of it til after i posted it but dude that seems lik a lot of stuff in that boy i bet its quick as hell
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:49 PM
The01Cav wrote:if ya want to go through the thread I post below, it's got different exhaust vids and it might help out your choice on what you want.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=380945&t=339698&p=1

thanks for the video and sound clips Im still going through them but they are a big help thanks again
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:53 PM
Devin wrote:yea sorry bout that i didnt think of it til after i posted it but dude that seems lik a lot of stuff in that boy i bet its quick as hell

time slips are posted too

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:59 PM
I got a shop to make 2.5" piping for me with a dynomax super turbo muffler. it sounds amazing and i love it. Cost me $40 for muffler, $350 for exhaust piping+labour. those prices are in canadian.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 9:14 PM
Check availability for the Thermal R&D catback. I tried to order through Gravana last year and was told it was discontinued. I confirmed this through Thermal. I ended up going with the Magnaflow catback. It does have some rasp in the upper RPM range and when cold. I ordered a 14" stainless magnaflow magnapack resonator from hottexhaust.com and had a local shop install it. Took out all the rasp and deepended the tone.

Gravana Tuning

HottExhaust

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:35 AM
get a custom exhaust with a flowmaster

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:16 PM
it is no longer made. but if gravana no longer has any in stock then they shouldn't list it on the website

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:10 PM
Who makes the 3" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust for our cars?

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:22 PM
I am probably gunna get some negative feedback on this one... i have a pacesetter catback and it sound good to me... then again i have a HPRacing header to compliment it. but mine has a deep sound to it. the only thing i dont like about it is that it pops alittle. some like that i dont. it is an easily fixed problem but i dont care to much.... this i bought this exhuast from summit for like 200$

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PSM%2D88%2D1479&N=700+4294908216+4294907963+4294924653+4294923429+115&autoview=sku
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search