Which sensors to use for the HO T/B - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which sensors to use for the HO T/B
Sunday, March 25, 2007 5:26 PM
I have tried using an HO T/B before and never got it to idle correctly, at the time I was told it was because I had the older HO T/B(89-91 i think). I know it wasn't b/c of vac leaks because I put the 2.4 T/B on and it ran fine right away. It also wasn't the sensors either because I bought brand new ones, for the 2.3 T/B, when I was trying to get it to work.

Now I have had a 93 HO T/B but haven't wanted to go through the trouble and have it not work again. But now I got the right T/B bracket for my cruise control to work, so I am looking into doing this again.

Everything I have read about this contradicts everything else. Some say match T/B with sensors; some say match sensors with car/ecu. Still others say different mixes and matches of the two.

So what has worked for those in the community?

I guess the only thing I know doesn't work is all 2.3 sensors on an older HO T/B, if that matters at all.

Thanks for all help, not only for me but those who follow me.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Re: Which sensors to use for the HO T/B
Monday, March 26, 2007 4:43 AM
I used all the 2.3 sensors with the 2.3 TB, but there has been a on going debate about it. Some say use the 2.4 sensors with the 2.3 TB.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Re: Which sensors to use for the HO T/B
Monday, March 26, 2007 10:53 AM
Yea, it might be that all of them work, and the cases where something doesn't work is because there is something else that is wrong.

Thanks

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search