what next...2200 (OH no!) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what next...2200 (OH no!)
Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:31 PM
WHAT should i buy next? i have all the basic bolt ons (headers, intake, exhaust.... soon to buy mounts). i want some pistons, camshafts, rockerarms, springs, and crankshafts and some pulleys. i have found where to get all of them (jbody performance and importperformanceparts.net) but i dont know what compression and ratio and bore. someone please help... i dont want to be another 2200 talker!!! save me...

Re: what next...2200 (OH no!)
Saturday, March 24, 2007 12:37 PM
ok... well... let's see.

here are your rockers
everything else is pretty self explanatory. However, you don't need to upgrade your pistons and rods if you aren't either going forced induction or nitrous. So here's what I say. Call up JBP and get yourself a set of stock bore 10:1 compression pistons, Eagle Rods, the JBP Stage 2 cam, and a wet nitrous kit, go for a 100 shot. By this point you're also going to need HPT to tune your setup.

PUSHROD SQUAD 2200 OHV. 462 hp / 396 tq *RIP*
Abe Froman Video Productions on Myspace (click here)

Saturday, March 24, 2007 3:03 PM
The Howell rocker set is a good set, it's what I have, modified to fit the <'98 2.2L OHV, but it's not your only choice. Read the 2.2/2200 OHV Rocker Arm List for more choices.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 6:46 AM
i am eventually goin to get nitrous and a turbo... and someone told me to try and get "forged" everything. and if i did get the stock bore pistons would that give me any HP?
Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:02 AM
Sell the bolt-on's and use the money for a sexy lookin 3400.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:16 PM
from experience...i wouldn't waste money on performance for these cars. Just my .02

Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:09 PM
dont listen to those douche bags... do what you want its your car....

Monday, March 26, 2007 4:17 AM
[quote=DrÃkÉ]dont listen to those douche bags... do what you want its your car....

i'm not a douche bag lol...my 2200 did have all of the bolt ons and i thought it was quick. I still have the sunfire...now I also have a trans am. Lets just say, I wish I would have not spend the money on the 2200 for performance and started saving for the TA earlier. So why don't ya chill out a little bit since all I did was offer my opinion in a way that wasn't offensive or mean.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:06 AM
^^^not everybody has the money for a trans am...

Monday, March 26, 2007 8:43 AM
I don't think anyone is under the illusion that these are the same as V8 powered muscle cars. They are pretty quick, relatively easy to work on, plentiful, inexpensive (unless you go nuts), economical even after some modding and for us poor souls living where Winter can be nasty, decent in the snow. I don't think having fun and doing what you want with any car is a waste of money. If you want to run 10 second quarter miles I agree a V8 powered car is the way to go, but it certainly wouldn't make a good daily driver!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:03 AM
pm me and i can help you select what you need baised on what hpo you want to achieve

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:39 PM
Well, as far as a waste of money goes, there are other cars that you can get such as a nissan 350Z for $30,000. That is taking 115-140hp to 300hp for about $24000, and if you look at it, our car is pocket change in comparison, but the performance is equal with the 350Z stock as it would be in the J body boosted with most well known performance mods which can cost (including suspension) around $5 thousand to 8 thousand dollars added onto stock depending on what you get. Unless you intend to put out 700+ HP there really is no need to go for a new car, as you would only get the higher priced car if you can also afford the performance upgrades on it. So, if maxing out at 300-400hp is fine with you, then keep your car and throw a little under ten grand in it. If you want 700hp get a better car and go from there. The only real waste of money in any of this is the fact that none of it will supply you with any capital, so no money return what so ever even if you sell the car. But if this is what you enjoy, then do it, the ONLY thing that matters is what YOU think about your ride.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:31 PM

So... what do you pay for insurance as a Trans Am owner? You do realize that you never get that money back, right? Well, unless your pride and joy gets damaged or destroyed. That, to me, is a waste of money. And how about the Stop Me factor? Cops looove to see cars that look fast, going too fast. Tickets are another waste of money.

You're right that the T/A is much quicker to begin with and easily can go faster still. But the same can be done with many RWD V8 platforms. I'll stick with me cheap cars that fly under the radar, especially the J.

Kendal, I hate to say it but the only 4 cyl J's I think are really fun these days have boost or have been treated to well planned suspension work. Maybe you should consider putting some good handles on it?

-->Slow
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:00 PM
I HAD a 94 Z28, but thanks to those cops, I dont anymore. I got pulled over going 129 in a 60. insurance went up 36 a month for liability on my truck alone. That car WILL do 155 or more, I loved mine and would do alot to get it back, but also i wouldnt ever get 34.7 mpg in my z even thought it had a t56 6 speed. There are pluses to both, I paid 3500 for mine and it ran 14 flat.

Just be smart with any car and youll be ok, be a 17 year old letting himself go wild, youll get your ass slammed son!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search