thermostat and HO. swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
thermostat and HO. swap
Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:58 PM
ive done a search and i dont have time to read a million posts. sorry. also i didnt really find a clear answer. im about to swap in a h.o. mani to my 97 2.4. ive already got the usual intake, header, exhaust setup. should i change my thermostat to a different temp one or keep it the same? and if i should change it-to which one?

Re: thermostat and HO. swap
Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:45 PM
dang it..once again im tricked by a post that i thought was going to be about and actual HO swap
but while im at it....you want to change the temp of your thermostat...well before i answer that i would like to know why you would want to change the temp. .. this would help me answer you better

Thursday, March 22, 2007 7:54 PM
I'm assuming he wants to change the temp of his t-stat, so that the engine runs more efficiently.

Go Premium, it builds character!

Friday, March 23, 2007 2:45 AM
yes. am thinking about getting a diff tepm therm stat to run the engine more efficiencntly. lol already cavs seem to overheat pretty easily, i thought throwing an h.o. on there wouldnt help the problem but may heat it up more quickly.
Friday, March 23, 2007 2:51 AM
also, if it is better to change the tstat, does the cars computer need readjusting or no?
Friday, March 23, 2007 4:05 AM
if all you have is bolt ons i wouldnt worry about the stat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search