speed limitter - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
speed limitter
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:03 PM
how do i get rid of my speed limitter and is thare a cip for my ECU that is werth geting

Re: speed limitter
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:09 PM
wow havent seen one of these in awhile

a. learn to spell b. we wont tell you c. the car isnt designed to handle those speeds. d. dont ask

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:15 PM
you forgot e!

e. die

limiter is there for a reason. to prevent option e.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:26 PM
yup its called remove the computer

you dont need it

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:30 PM
ibtl. yay another speeder for the cops to have fun with.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:33 PM
idiot

In the planning stage for an all American TRD Cavalier.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:36 PM
Reg wrote:Favorite Quote: proformins parts

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:38 PM
step 1 go outside
step 2 go to the nearest highway
step 3 stand by the shoulder of the road
step 4 jump in front of speeding semi truck
step 5 well you dont have to worry about that now do you

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:42 PM
Dude, this is one of those very bad things to post about here. There is a reason your car is governed at 108 mph. Your engine, Tranny, suspension MIGHT be able to handle that kind of speed, but you nor your tires can. Until you upgrade those, then look somewhere else for your answer cause' you're not gonna get it here!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:48 PM
brett Zander wrote:is thare a cip for my ECU that is werth geting

This one is about the only one worth getting. I hear it works super awesome!! Makes your car mad fast and I hear one person actually started FLYING cuz they forgot their super awesome aluminum wing.

Performance Chip
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:50 PM
In addtion, i know you can't ask about illegal things here. Even assuming that your car is one of the more powerful stock J's here (2.4, Eco), you would need to do some serious beefing up in order for it to legally, at the track, exceed those speeds (I.E. your average trap speed for a stock eco/2.4 J is about 88 miles an hour).

In order to get a near 20MPH increase in your trap speed, you'd have to do some SERIOUS modification. Someone a bit more knowledgeable than I can guess at the amount of horsepower you'd need to acheive to get that, but likely it can't be done with only bolt-ons. As such, the only way you'd have a valid excuse to remove it with a legal reason would mean that you would already HAVE to possess the knowledge of how to disable it.

Since you're asking, it can then be assumed that you (a) don't have the knowedge to do it yourself, (b) havent done the necessary modifications to require you to legally get rid of it for racing at the track, and thus, (c) are going to do it with the intent of breaking the law. As such, no one here will tell you, as it volitaes the terms of service.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:21 PM
yeah ill tell you sell the cav and get a supra.problem solved then you can kill yourself 100000X's faster than in a cavalier.. WTF why even bother dude whats the point of going faster so you can make a giant sized ass of yourself..HA good luck

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search