ecotec swap troubleshooting!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap troubleshooting!!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:41 PM
AIGHT, I got the eco and tranny mounted and wired up,axels in and back on all four wheels. Went to fire it up for the first time and it just turned over. A couple times it wanted to fire but just wouldnt. There are a few things i think it could be but i wanted to ask you guys before i wasted all my money.LOL.

First thing could be plugs. Wasnt sure if there is a differance in plugs but i have the 2200 plugs in it from my old motor. I believe they dont go into the engine as deep as the Eco plugs do. So therefore we dont have fire....Again im not sure. Is there a way to test it to see if im getting good spark?

Also i dont have the vac line coming from the intake mani. to the break booster hooked up as well as the little tan/greyish H-vac line comin from the inside of the car.

If thats not it does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do? The eco is from an 04 and has only 4800 miles so i figured all the sensors are good. Also im swapping the manual out with the auto. So idk...... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ecotec swap troubleshooting!!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:51 PM
its called the passlock2 relearn

1) try to start car (it won't)
2) leave key in ignition in the on position for 15 minutes. (the security light will go off on the dashboard)
3) turn the key to the off position, and pull it out
4) after about 10 seconds start the car.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:54 PM
ok so i just do this one time?? I mean its turning over but its just not starting. cool thank you. Ill hit ya up in 20 minutes with results.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:55 PM
I remember having to do the security relearn in my old car when I put in a tuned pcm, realy easy.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:57 PM
Close but no cigar (thats for 96-99)

Try this
Quote:

00-05 J-car

1. Turn ON the igniton, with the engine OFF.

2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, it will be flashing. After approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords, on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You MUST turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the PASSlock Sensor Data Code and/or password.

-Seth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:58 PM

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:07 PM
yeah i been trying to do that one but some odd reason i cant get the theft light to flash. I know i sound like an idiot but getting the engine in was easier than getting THIS passlock thingy done!lol
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:16 PM
Ignore the flashing part.
I've never been able to get the flashing to be right either but just do what I quoted and it should work.

-Seth

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:20 PM
ok well i did it and the light went away so im asuming it worked.but now i think i have to change plugs and hook up the vac lines in order for it to run right. Thank you very much.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:46 PM
I just wanted to say I hate passlock if you are in a hurry to get somewhere

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:50 PM
LOL i hear ya!
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:04 AM
wizkid,

the steps i posted is the way i've done it about 10 times now its a simplified version of the one listed in the faq

but this final step a lot of people miss.. the passlock2 relearn is what you need to do in order for the bcm and the ecu to talk to one another

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 12:28 PM
yeah it seemed to work for me. I Still cant seem to get it started due to the fact i need to go get spark plugs and crap like that. but the light kicked off so i know its workin...Thanks PJ..
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:07 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - BPU++ wrote:wizkid,

the steps i posted is the way i've done it about 10 times now its a simplified version of the one listed in the faq

but this final step a lot of people miss.. the passlock2 relearn is what you need to do in order for the bcm and the ecu to talk to one another
Hmmm... I've always had to do the 3 times. I'll give ur way a shot if I ever have to do mine again.

-Seth

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:29 PM
well guys i did the passlock and swapped out the plugs with the right ones and she fired right up. First try. Thanks fotr all the help and ill post pics asap! THank you guys!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search