2200 head work - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 head work
Monday, March 19, 2007 6:42 PM
What are the best things to do to a 2200 head i have port and polish 3 angel valve job 1mm over size ss valves and 1.6. rockers what else should i do or change

Re: 2200 head work
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:30 AM
We would need more info about your goals and the rest of the motor to answer that...

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:31 AM
Turbo set up and direct port nitrouse low compression pistons and rods turbo cam
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:43 AM
Well, a 'turbo' cam is a joke, you might as well keep your stocker for your plans. This will maintain your ability to use the stock valve springs as well, which is good because there are no other springs that will work on the motor without fairly heavy machining.

Edit: you do NOT have a 2200, you have a 2.2L (pre-98), so there are some spring options (still not easy though), but I would still recommend stock springs and cam since you're boosting. At the most, throw in some stock LS1 springs ($2 a piece), which will give you a 106# seat pressure. If you do that however, I would recommend the LT1/LS1 lifter spring replacement as well.

fortune cookie say:
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:16 AM
No im building a 2200 motor for my car and swaping it in the summer
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:18 AM
The JBP turbo cam isnt any good also where can i get those springs at
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:05 AM
Those springs can NOT be used with the 2200. As I said, you have ZERO options without significant machining. There is a 2200 valve spring thread you can look at for more information (the search function will find it for you).

All the JBP cams are incredibly overpriced, and with the turbo cam you will may have interference problems (below standard safety clearences at least) between your retainers and guides (I can't tell you for sure because JBP does not list what ratio their lift values are calculated with).

I hope you realize the differences between the 2200 and 2.2L electronically, you need a newer computer and whatnot.

fortune cookie say:
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:47 PM
what cam do you sugest
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search