HO mani and TB w/ 2.4 bracket ? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HO mani and TB w/ 2.4 bracket ?
Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:20 PM
I've followed all of the HO manifold swap guides that I could find, including the run through on the Quad 4 forums. I've gotten everything set up except the throttle and cruise cables. I'm using the HO manifold and drilled out the hole for the 2.4 bracket to fit on it. Problem is... the throttle cable is too short to reach the hole in the throttle wheel because the throttle wheel is rotated 90 degrees from where it was on the 2.4 TB. Should I find a new bracket? customize one? or get new cables?
Thanks for any help

Re: HO mani and TB w/ 2.4 bracket ?
Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:58 PM
Okay, just as an update... I tried swapping the throttle wheels and the stops are i little different so that didn't work. I'm thinking now that I could cut a piece of the shroud off of the cable to give it a bit extra length between the housing and the end of the cable. I'll check it out tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I'll just throw a 2.4 TB in for now and maybe have my spare 2.4 TB bored out to 62mm. Do either of these ideas sound ideal? Thanks for any help in advance.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:08 PM
I'm not sure how much help this will be but when I did the swap I got the bracket off the quad car (a 95 GA) and just used that. It allowed me to use the stock throttle cable and then I went back and got the Grand Am cruise cable and they both work perfect. I'm not sure what year your throttle body is off or if you have the 2.3 bracket for it but thats what I would recommend, and also I thought it needed to be from a 95 2.3 to work properly but I'm not 100% sure because it just happened that that's the year I got the T/b off of...($5 at the junk yard btw). Sorry if that doesn't help at all. If nothing else just use the 2.4 like you mentioned I'm sure you'll still notice a nice gain.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:43 PM
Well I live in Podunk wyoming, and oddly enough we don't have any junkyards in the near area. I'm on spring break and have to head back to SDSM&T for school on sunday, so I'll probably just put on the 2.4 TB for now, and then check out a junkyard for the bracket and cruise cable in Rapid City, SD. Thanks for the sugestion. I'm pretty sure its the TB off of the 95. It also has the cruise hookup and everything so I'd be good to go. My main concern with the hookups on the 2.4 is where I have my battery relocated. It seems like the cables are gonna be in a bit of a tight spot, but I think I can get 'em to work.
Saturday, March 10, 2007 12:33 AM
Just an update. I swapped to the 2.4L TB and it works great! I'm gonna have my other 2.4L TB bored out to 62mm I'm thinking. If I have a basically stock motor plus full exhaust including header, no cat, magnaflow inline muffler and megan racing catback exhaust, will it give me much more of a gain than a 56 mm TB?
Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:21 PM
I'm sure the 62 will help, how much I cant say but I noticed a significant difference just with the manifold and 56mm...

Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:41 PM
a 62 mm tb is best for boost or high power NA engines. id say stick with the 56.
or get both then either go to a track or dyno to see which yeilds the best results

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search