Would these item fit? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Would these item fit?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 5:27 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if these spark plug wires would fit my cavalier. I have a 1999 base sedan with a 2200 motor 2.2L. The item numbers are MSD-32779 and ACC-7698R. There is a link to my Summit cart below. If It doesn't show up the item numbers can be searched on summit. I want to get the MSD ones mainly because I'm getting the MSD-8224 coil packs for my cavalier. I'm sure either would work though, if they would both work for my car. I already got the NGK plugs V-power, and now I'm just waiting to get the plug wires. They don't offer nice plug wires at local auto stores, so I have to order on line. Thank you for any help with this!

http://store.summitracing.com/checkout/cart.asp

Re: Would these item fit?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 8:28 PM
Umm.... Hello anyone out there in j-body land?
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:58 AM
yeah were here... But be happy no ones FLAMED you for this constantly asked question.

However I believe Ill help you out since your in need.

Most would say that the stock plugs, AC Delco's, are more than enough for our cars. If your looking for something alittle different, then look towards NGK's. If you wanna run hotter, then look towards the NGK or Denso iridium's. Your plugs are determined upon what your running or what you need.

Ill let you do the rest from here...

BTW... try using the search next time.It does wonders!
Now off you go- Travel the vast wonders of the ORG!

...They just HATE it when you ...POINT - LAUGH - then DRIVE OFF AND AWAY-!...
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:38 PM
Ok wth, this keeps happening to me on this site. That's not even the question I asked. I already have the spark plugs. I need an answer on the wires. No one should Flame me cause I did search and I couldn't find any answers to this question. If you would read the entire post I bought the NGK V-power plugs. I need to know which spark plug wires will fit my car. But now I have already answered my question. Now I am just wondering if any one has the Taylor wires. I figured I would get them, are they good? Or should I just stick to the Accel wires? This org has been unkind to me. Every questions I ask gets half ass read, and I get half ass answers. not to be rude to the people on here that actually read the whole post. Thanks for trying to help, I guess, but please read the entire post before making someone look stupid. I have always been an advocate of the search button on my old regular forum 7th gen civic. I know well how to use it. So, now the question is Taylor or Accel wires. Thank you for any help. I know it prob doesn't matter which kinda wires, but which company has better quality wires?
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:51 PM
I've dealt a bit with Chevy's, old and new. From experience, I can say that either wire will deliver Good results. I've seen Taylor wires out last the Accels tho. I don't know if they exist for the 2.2, but Magnecore and Denso make good wires as well.

Good luck!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007 6:00 PM
Taylor over Accel for sure. Just make sure you get one of the better sets of Taylors and not their cheapest $20ish dollar set.

BTW that link to your cart doesn't work.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 7:23 PM
I didn't think the link would work, but thank you all for good answers. I'm gonna get the Taylor wires TAY-82231. It's a 8.2mm wire seems to be a good wire, $37. That part number is custom fit to the 2200 motor if anyone is looking for some to fit. Hopefully now if someone is searching for this they will find this post. Thank you all so much for your input.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search