Vortex? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vortex?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:43 PM
Ok, I've run across many of these things http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Cavalier-Gas-Saver-94-95-96-97-98-99-00-01-02-03_W0QQitemZ260094148498QQihZ016QQcategoryZ42604QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem . So, I'm 99.9% sure that these things do nothing. Now I'm also quite sure that nobody here is stupid enough to buy it to test it out. What is all the hype about this thing. There is no performance part other than gasoline that will cost 10 dollars and give you 20 extra hp. Now, I'm sure that they don't add that much hp, but do these things do anything at all? personally even if it made a cool (audible) sound I'd get it just for that, but what the heck?

Re: Vortex?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:18 PM
My opinion

If it did create a "vortex", it would be interrupted when it hit the throttle plate (butterfly) in the throttle body. Not to mention when it hit the separate runners in the intake.

Now a vortex into each cylinder might be a different thought
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 4:26 PM
Yea, thought so. I just don't see why people would waste their time even making a product like that and trying to cheat people out of their money, only a little money, but still money. They should be like everybody else on ebay and make a cheaper cold air or short ram intake to sell to the poor people that can't afford $295 for an AEM cold air.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:36 PM
these people do this so they can avoid being the poor bastard who can't afford a $300. aem cai. Say ten people are this "stupid" (reluctant to call anyone stupid if it hasn't been tested by any consumer report agency, or any write ups from anyone who has one) and actually buy this, that is 225 dollars. Imagine it cost $5. per to make, you sell them for $25 bucks. That makes 200 profit for you. Now, there are millions of drivers around the world, with millions of vehicles, and most everyone wants something that will give better gas mileage and more power. Say 1% of a million people (10000 people) buy this... start to make sence?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search