Cams and lifters - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cams and lifters
Monday, March 05, 2007 9:47 PM
Ok I have read alot about swapping cams and the secret cam swap. My question is do you just reuse the old lifters from your 2.4? I know with a small block chevy that is a big no no, it'll wipe out your cam lobes.

Re: Cams and lifters
Monday, March 05, 2007 10:07 PM
i hear its not a big of an issue with roller cams.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:32 AM
Are the 2.3/2.4 roller? I never have actually taken mine apart to see first hand how the dohc setup works.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:36 AM
the 2.3/2.4 cams are flat tappet with hydraulic lifters, and as the same goes with small block's using flat tappet's it is indeed a must to install new lifters when using a new camshaft

now, if your if your wanting to the the secret cams, if you get the housings/cams/lifters all intact as they came exactly out of the car you can use those lifters.

ive heard of ppl using old lifters on different cams etc and not having an issue, but IMO i wouldnt do that. it is a big risk to do.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:47 AM
Ok thanks, thats what I was always told with the v8 and figured this was no different. I've read alot of peoples posts on here and alot of them reused the old ones n I was like wait alert alert that goes against all Ive been taught..

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:34 AM
I bought new ones when I did my cam swap....

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:36 PM
Wheres a good place to get them from?

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 3:53 PM
I used my old ones and had no prob. but like the other guy said you can take a risk but my stock ones that were in there didnt have no wear on them due to not many miles.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:50 PM
Zs Z wrote:Wheres a good place to get them from?

Yeah I want to know too cause I am going to order LZM cams for my LD9 but wanna know what kinda lifters I should get..

Sunday, April 08, 2007 11:58 PM
jbp has a set their like $300 stock ones are like $275 so not much of a difference for aftermarket lifters.
I have jbp but haven't got a chance to use them yet they look great tho.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search