Help with my Air Intake...???? PLEASE. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with my Air Intake...???? PLEASE.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:40 PM
ok so i just got my new bomz air intake today and i was curious as to why there were two tubes i mean i know where one of them goes but for the IAT sensor does it have to be drilled in to the intake or can i just kinda hook it up to the blue rubber hose and hook the hose up to the intake and if i don't hook up the IAT sensor correct what could happen???

Re: Help with my Air Intake...???? PLEASE.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:13 PM
IAT has to be in direct flow there should be a grommet in the box?

I think the tube you speak of is for your Crank case vent

I have a vibrant intake and thats how it was setup

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 5:41 PM
ya i got the same intake.

Blue hose goes to the oil/air separator, but i just cut it down and stuffed it into the stock hose that was connected to the stock intake near the Throttlebody.

There should also be a grommet and a hole for your IAT sensor, the hole is too small so you have to make it a bit bigger or you will never fit the IAT into the hole with the grommet.

IAT must be in the intake tube in the air flow, and it must be sealed with the grommet.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:37 PM
i checked the box and there was no grommet in there...is there some place i can pick this up...and does someone have a part number for it or who makes them...thanks
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:05 PM
I would get the place you bought it from to send it to you. If you ordered that kit for your particular car, then it should have everything you need to install it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2577397
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:25 PM
i dont know the size, but it wasnt the right size anyways.. really the holes the right size but the grommets wrong..

go to home depot and buy a few sizes from the hardware isle (in the little bins) and try them out.. you just need to seal the IAT to the tube.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search