$600, What next? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
$600, What next?
Monday, February 26, 2007 6:52 PM
That's it, I have about $600 left and want to know what your suggestion would be. Check my profile to see where I'm at so far.
First things that come to mind are NOS kit, HP Tuners, or a nice Cat back. What do you think.

By the way, parts for looks are good too.

Re: $600, What next?
Monday, February 26, 2007 7:04 PM
well, from your profile i can see that you already are running a header so my opinion would be to replace the exhaust from the header back with a 2.25 or 2.5 inch exhaust all the way back with a high flow cat. i saw you had a "punched through" cat and from my experience, ive ran no cat, and i couldnt stand the resonance, and the high flow took away absolutely no performance. A bigger exhaust would get the most out of what u already have.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/bruski/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg
Monday, February 26, 2007 7:28 PM
finish out your exhaust first. no bigger than 2.25 inch pipe. any bigger on your motor and it would actualy hurt performance

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:35 AM
Deffinently finish out your exaust, you wont regret it. Then save your money for much time to get a turbo job done.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I might do that, but wouldn't the HP Tuner make more power from where I'm at now. Looking at my track time, it's sad. That was in dead stock form, though. Going back the 24th and want to get this last chunk of change spent so I can be ready for the track.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:02 AM
If you wanted the best bang for your buck, and if your trying to get better times obviously nitrous would be best. But, if you want something thats gonna be best for you now and is always useful get a full exhuast.

You dont exactly have to spend all your money and get the most expensive exhuast out there. You could spend $300 and use the rest on motor mounts or something.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:31 AM
it shouldn't cost much at all for 2.25 pipe getting welded up to finish your exhaust. I would do that since it looks like you haven't. You'll notice a difference for sure. You already have motor mounts so that's good too. HP Tuners would be good depending on if you can fork over the rest of the money depending on what your exhaust costs to finish it up. I'd shoot for hptuners

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:48 AM
99redz24 wrote:finish out your exhaust first. no bigger than 2.25 inch pipe. any bigger on your motor and it would actualy hurt performance

no it wont. 2.5" is perfectly fine. you wont lose power.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Friday, March 09, 2007 7:48 AM
if you are wanting a better time on the strip and thats it i would go with nitrous but if your just wanting something for like playin with people like when u cruis around and at stop lights run people off of them then would go with a HP tuner or exaust or maybe possibly both. Just save up a couple of hundred dollars more and by the exaust and HP Tuner if your going to go with exaust or something
Friday, March 09, 2007 10:00 AM
Myles wrote:
99redz24 wrote:finish out your exhaust first. no bigger than 2.25 inch pipe. any bigger on your motor and it would actualy hurt performance

no it wont. 2.5" is perfectly fine. you wont lose power.

i actually looked at the dudes profile. he has a 2.2 ohv. i would of said 2.5 if he had a ecotec or 2.4

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 09, 2007 10:28 AM
The magical answer is get on that Patriot Performance GP and get yourself some roller rockers and a head. I saw oodles of good stuff when i got my head from Team Vision Racing. I did my research and most people say the 2200's most restrictive element is the head. But yea, finish off the exhaust first. And get a real time slip lol, a fricking 1/8th mile time slip lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search