Help me decide - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me decide
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:05 PM
Should I go for the Bomz Ebay pulley or the Quad HO pulley(for my 2.4)? Its gonna cost me about the same either way...Ive read and read and cant decide on either one.

Re: Help me decide
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:14 PM
I have a brand new Bomz pulley that I will sell you. Hit me up with an e-mail or on AIM if your interested.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Monday, February 26, 2007 9:25 PM
If you want to see any reasonable gain, I say go aluminum or just stay stock Cory. I've had my ebay pulley for over 2 years. Idling at 600 rpm's I'm getting 12.5 V but under any load, it sees 14.5 V. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:32 PM
Thanks Brian, I was leaning towards the aluminum but I read a little about the HO pulley and was wondering if it had any advantages other then it is a gm part. You always seem to know your stuff so decision made

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, the 2.3L pulley is lighter than a stock 2.4L pulley and if you were able to get one for free or for a few bucks, then great...but an aluminum pulley (regardless whether underdrive or stock size) weighs CONSIDERABLY less than a 2.4L pulley. And for the $30-50 it costs, in my opinion, the aluminum pulley is a far better deal.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search