Early Christmas present (P&P headwork) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Early Christmas present (P&P headwork)
Monday, December 18, 2006 7:08 PM
Got this back tonight... Ported and polished with a 3 angle valve job! More to come..

Thanks to Imphat0260 (Ryan).

Re: Early Christmas present (P&P headwork)
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:24 AM
Nice, how much did that run you? Been thinking of getting this done.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:58 PM
I had a friend I know who builds race engines for a local shop here do it as sidework for cash. $150.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:04 PM
Well, the pockets look beautiful, but why the rough finish on the hot side? and why is the combustion chamber stock?
Not bad for $150 though.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:24 PM
sign me up for a $150 p&p job! When are you going to put that on?

Best quarter mile to date - 15.750 @ 85.82
"We ride together, we die together. Bad Boys for life"

Nimbus 9, some friends of my that rock! Click and experience them for yourself
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:29 PM
somebody need to hook me up...phat im from ky hook me up bro.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:04 PM
OHV notec wrote:Well, the pockets look beautiful, but why the rough finish on the hot side? and why is the combustion chamber stock?
Not bad for $150 though.
Its not as "rough" as you think...... As par as the chamber, not worth it on this build.. Would have been too much time for no gain..... Just needed to let her breath a lil better... Il be installing it on her car in early Spring with some other valvtrain components... Then Il give it a good tune and get some numbers for ya guys... On and off the bottle....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:51 AM
Over-all, not a bad job, especially for $150! Looks like an aggressive street port job.

I like to polish the chambers, helps prevent pre-ignition more than anything else. Polished chambers also aid in the flame front propagation, in-other-words, there is less resistance to the flame traveling through the chamber, so you can run less ignition timing, for more power.

Looks like your using stock sized valves, so unshrouding the the valves would only give you minimal gains. The canted valves help allot with keeping the valves unshrouded. If you were running bigger valve (more than the +1mm) the gains from unshrouding would be greater.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:19 PM
MadJack wrote: If you were running bigger valve (more than the +1mm) the gains from unshrouding would be greater.

I didn't plan on that and ddint have the money at the time. I have been waiting for this since July when I gave it to him. But I was patient and waited it out. I am happy with the results.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:31 AM
whos gonna hook me up

Friday, December 22, 2006 2:15 PM
/\ I'm with him

Best quarter mile to date - 15.750 @ 85.82
"We ride together, we die together. Bad Boys for life"

Nimbus 9, some friends of my that rock! Click and experience them for yourself

Monday, December 25, 2006 4:41 AM
hey phat since im doing the eco charger, if i send you a stock head would you p&p it for me to gain some more power and breathe better for the s/c

Monday, December 25, 2006 4:36 PM
No offence but Ryan has a life of his own and people pestering him to do a port job at the fraction of the cost is a bit bold. Its not like you guys are family like him and Erin are. I bought a 2.6 pulley for my girls M45 so should I hook you guys up as well?

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 1:00 AM
Phlatcav wrote:No offence but Ryan has a life of his own and people pestering him to do a port job at the fraction of the cost is a bit bold. Its not like you guys are family like him and Erin are. I bought a 2.6 pulley for my girls M45 so should I hook you guys up as well?

Yes you should. LOL I'll say thank you. Come on it'll be fun.....

okay Im done now, continue on....

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:34 AM
, I saw that comming

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:52 AM
kinda off topic here, but Aaron, your Xmas present is in the mail......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 1:16 AM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:kinda off topic here, but Aaron, your Xmas present is in the mail......

I love this guy

Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:47 PM
Phlatcav wrote:No offence but Ryan has a life of his own and people pestering him to do a port job at the fraction of the cost is a bit bold. Its not like you guys are family like him and Erin are. I bought a 2.6 pulley for my girls M45 so should I hook you guys up as well?

You can just give me a build list of parts to make my cav more like yours and I'd be happy!

Thursday, December 28, 2006 1:57 PM
gorgeous head! for the price, you can't complain ONE bit.
Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:45 PM
Any flow #s
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:27 PM
Beau wrote:Any flow #s
he has them all at the shop... I dont recall off the top of my head.... Too many things happend sinc then..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:20 PM
I want that list also... haha us 4 doors gotta stick together!

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:19 AM
Not to mention your heads don't mean squat without before and after flow #s
Saturday, December 30, 2006 5:18 AM
Beau wrote:Not to mention your heads don't mean squat without before and after flow #s
??? Huh.. .. If you are talking about me selling these, you are wrong.... I have not stated that once in any of these posts... When I started P&P Tuning, it was a business intended for Tuning and Performance. The P&P does not stand for Port and Polish... Its is more of a Precision and Performance type of thing... Most of my Business comes from Tuning PCMs... Not all of my customers own jbodies.. Most have LS1's as their power plant... I think some of you on here are trying to get way in depth on this thread, when in the beginning it was just a gift for my fiance.... Not only are too many people on this site quick to judge and run their pie hole, but what do they have to show for it??? Not trying to attack or p!ss in anybody's Wheaties, but come on people....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:35 AM
Got my Xmas gift yesterday Ryan... Love it . Oh that Grinner

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search