3400 swap-research - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3400 swap-research
Monday, December 18, 2006 6:02 PM
ive read the thread on the swap, and what im getting out of it is that they cut out the original ecu harness and spliced in say, a grand am ecu along with the grand am plug for that ecu?

ive done the 3400 swap on a 88' beretta (14.8sec) stupid tires, the beretta was so much easier since it ran on the mpfi with the 2.8 stock ecu,

so now i have that same 3400 mpfi engine with the 88' beretta 5spd that im going to put in the 98' cavalier.

so my other question would be can i bolt a 88-90 V6 engine harness out of some gm car to the 98' cav?

and i suposs i have to cut the interior ecu plug no matter what ecu i get?

Re: 3400 swap-research
Monday, December 18, 2006 6:06 PM
First swap was v6 to v6, alot easier since some of the wiring was there.

To the J-Body, its 4cyl to v6, extra wires, different wiring harness... cluster incompatibilities... the list goes on.

Monday, December 18, 2006 9:30 PM
I think if you use your OBD1 wiring it should be easy. Use the original cavi pcm to control the cluster, speedo and gauges. get power off the ign for your berreta pcm, i haven't dealt with obd1, i've heard it is alot easier to use. check electrics for the fuel pump circuit too. you may have an idle problem with the a/c on. also you may have to do something for the vss circuit

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:34 AM
I posted in the 3rd gen forum. Hopefully we can all help you out with your swap.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 7:47 PM
i dont plan on using the beretta ecu but a 98' ecu
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search