msd on a twin cam, need some help asap please - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
msd on a twin cam, need some help asap please
Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:28 AM
hey guys, ive been searching here and google for the last hour and the ny jbody site is down. i wanna put my msd box into my twincam cav today and i cant find the directions for the install. if anyone has a diagram it would be alot of help or some good instructions. its just your basic dis 2 setup, no coils no crap at all. just straight box pn6211. thanks

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list

Re: msd on a twin cam, need some help asap please
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:50 AM
I can't find my old page... but it's page 11 of your install manual. If you don't have it, it's available electronically on MSD's site or in .pdf file all over the place (Google search!). Same as the DIS-4.

I remember the basics.... take off IDI cover, take off coil towers... there's a three-wire plug between the coils and the ignition module (silver box). Two white wires and a brown. The brown wire is the 12 volts, the two white wires are the two trigger wires. You cut all three, and attach the six wires from the MSD to the cut wires.

Re: msd on a twin cam, need some help asap please
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:52 AM
thanks man, im gona search the msd site for it. i baught the box used and it had no manual

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search