2.4 intake designs - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 intake designs
Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:15 PM
im looking into making my own custon intake 4 my 2.4 twin cam and body got a good design and would u be able 2 tell me what type of materials are best 2 use on this engine or any engine 4 and intake also what filter is best 2 use .,....if its bad 2 creat 1 what type of intake is better i know everyone has an opinion but lets see what we can get ... and i know that that crappy ebay intakes are juke i was lookin inot a cold air aem but it seems expecive so i wanted 2 create my own cold air with a vent through my front grill give me lots of info thx...I LOVE OPINIONS

Re: 2.4 intake designs
Saturday, October 21, 2006 5:54 PM
get a cheap ebay intake... ditch the filter and get a k&n or s&b.
Saturday, October 21, 2006 10:01 PM
s&b?

- Paul

Saturday, October 21, 2006 10:55 PM
mike paterson wrote: ... and i know that that crappy ebay intakes are juke i was lookin inot a cold air aem but it seems expecive so i wanted 2 create my own cold air with a vent through my front grill give me lots of info thx...I LOVE OPINIONS

Ebay intakes are not junk. They are mandrel bent pipes of aluminum with a cone filter. EXACTLY what an AEM is, only much cheaper. If you want to create your own, that is great, do it. But if you want to spend $200+ on something that is only going to give you a couple horsepower, then I think you would be better off saving that money and put it towards a good suspension setup.

I am a little confused on what you mean by "a vent through my front grill." Please elaborate as I don't fully understand what you are getting at.

Also,

From Your Registry
Engine:
Racing Chip

Unless you have done a 95' pcm swap, please, do yourself a favor and get rid of whatever this is.
Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:55 AM
Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:47 PM
I had a AEM intake.......... rubber elbow split and the hold down bracket broke off......... although I have seen Ebay BomZ intakes do worse (broken bracket busted a CHUNK off the intake tube wall), I could have gotten 3-4 of them for the same price as the AEM.....

5 speed car, route it down and under the battery tray........ short and cold.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:58 PM
If you want to build your own intake then get one of these from spectre. They are really cheap and include alll the mock up pieces u need to see what works. Then when you buy the actual pieces from them they refund you for the mock up kit. We sell them at my store and they are a hugh hit with V8 guys. I dont see why you couldnt use this for your application.

http://martelbrothers.com/catalog/Spectre-PowerAdder-Modular-Air-Intake-Mock-Up-Kit-p-16039.html
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search