Ecotec ECU programming - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Ecotec ECU programming
Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:26 PM
I have just found Nelson performance and they do programing for the ecotec's. I just got mine and installed and am very impressed. The amount of power now versus what i had is such a difference. Also no speed limiter, Allen at Nelson Performance will tune you ECU to the mods and upgrades that you have done so you will get the most out of what you have done.

Re: Ecotec ECU programming
Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:44 PM
Nelson Performance....??

Website...info???

I'd be suprised if someone can actually modify the ECU!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:21 PM
There have been a few places out there equipped to flash the ECU. Biggest issue is how the new settings effect performance. VERY interesting... especially since Sean says the difference is so noticable. A pricey experiment though, without more testimonials... VERY tempting... Road trip to Texas to have them tweak the settings on the dyno anyone???... LOL
Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:45 PM
I dunno about most guys but I've been tuning my eco in my driveway for oh 6 or so months now.

So who the hell let the n00bs in?

Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:46 PM
Sean Cahill wrote:I have just found Nelson performance and they do programing for the ecotec's. I just got mine and installed and am very impressed. The amount of power now versus what i had is such a difference. Also no speed limiter, Allen at Nelson Performance will tune you ECU to the mods and upgrades that you have done so you will get the most out of what you have done.

a little more info would help. like a web address or a phone number to this place

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, October 21, 2006 8:47 PM
Didn't you need the ECU flashed for the supercharger Blue Deuce? Both of the superchargers I was looking at required it.
Sunday, October 22, 2006 9:51 AM
Hey guys... check out the Tuning forum you can tune it yourself too!!

I wonder what Nelson Performance is using to tune them.... probably HP Tuners, eh?

Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:24 PM
Yeah I had the ECU tuned but that was by GM...I'd never heard of Nelson Performance is why I asked.

Like someone else said...I'd think HPT maybe is what most are using. I was just wondering what they were using or if they were only stating they could tune it and actually not!

I know a few places have said they could but in reality, they did not! Plus last I heard the ECU on the OBDII system in our Js was still a very hard thing to crack?

So I was just asking to see who they are or what they use.

edit: to add website:

Here's the website if anyone wants to look through it...I didn't see anything for the Ecotec...

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/index.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:28 PM

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, October 23, 2006 4:58 AM
If the tune for the eco is as good as the tune the one guys at the track has..if I had an eco I would RUN to their shop.
He made 120 some more horses on his alcohol dragster.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:21 AM
Who the Heck are you calling a newby jerk. Owned multiple chevy's and this is my third jbody. I stoped using jbody because of idiots like yourself, Before you try and crack on somebody make sure you know what the hell your talking about. 6 mos huh wow i am so not impressed. Try six years then write something.
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:35 AM
Anyway you can contact Nelson Performance by email form there website at www.nelsonperformance.com. On there website is the phone number to them and you can call and ask any questions you might have. They can reflash and tune the eco ecu. I posted this colume to share info with j-body lovers that maybe didnt know it could be done. I know i have been looking for two years you the info and the results. I used to be on here everyday four years ago until i had to go overseas. I will continue to share information i find even if there are some small minded individuals that are bite a helping hand.
See Ya Alll Around.

Monday, October 23, 2006 3:47 PM
Before ya start calling people idiots... you might wanna wonder over to the racing forum and have a look at the top 10 lists... you'll see my name at the top of group A. While you're surfing JBO, you might want to head over to the tuning forum as displayed on the left side.... you'll see dozens of people using this software and hardware that lots of local shops are using to tune customer cars.

Monday, October 23, 2006 4:44 PM
I wish i knew how to down load pics and spec's for my car why dont you give me hand with that and then maybe you will see my name above yours. I would love to meet somewhere for a legal race and watch the smile leave your face in the rear view mirror as you wonder "How did he beat me?" But all joking and trash talk aside you should check the site and talk to Allen. After i installed the ecu i went from a 14.9 to a 14.3 and i am at 2300 above sea level here in MT. And you can even help me upload the time sheets if you feel helpful. And the 14.3 is with out the bottle. I have not had a chance to run with the bottle due to the track is closed for winter. Let me know thanks.
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:44 PM
I'll be making several appearances at Mission Raceway Park (about 12 hours from Billings, my local track, and one of the fastest tracks in north america) and hope to make the haul to Bandimere, Vegas, and Ponoma...

Now whats a good wager... do we need a bookie to set odds?

Monday, October 23, 2006 7:57 PM
I'll hold all monies being bet. Including the $100 I have on Owen.

You don't just start running your mouth without back-up. Put up or shut up. If you can't figure out how to post images or info on this site you must be a fool.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, October 23, 2006 8:35 PM
Yea just noting everything you have said and whats listed in your profile I dont really think you know @!#$

RK SPort Cold air intake - funny they make a warm air one, not a cold one

Chevy S S Header - Hrmm if you spent 300 bucks for the GM Extrude Honed Manifold I feel bad for you, the pacesetter, weapon R, DC SPorts are all better and less expensive not to mention coated

IAT Bypass - did you do the ebay resistor mod? Come on dude I wouldnt even post that

Thicker Ground wires are not an engine mod

On an NA setup why would you run anything other than AC Delco plugs? They are the best for the engine NA but since you obviously know more you run NGK

Rk Sport spark plug Coils - you mean the spark boot springs?

To be honest I dont even think you know whats on your car much less what to do with it. Call me a dick whatever I know more than you do about the ecotec

People have been reprogramming thier own "PCMS" which is the proper term to use for over 6 months themselves, theres no shop needed, I strongly doubt that this place your dealing with can actually do anything more than the rest of us can with HP tuners (which is prob what they are using already).

BTW Owen would own you, you dont have enough done to get within a half second

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:59 PM
OH SNAP!

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:15 PM
wow ....matt threw down...lol

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:31 PM
The Profile wrote: Joined: Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sean Cahill wrote:Who the Heck are you calling a newby jerk. Owned multiple chevy's and this is my third jbody. I stoped using jbody because of idiots like yourself, Before you try and crack on somebody make sure you know what the hell your talking about. 6 mos huh wow i am so not impressed. Try six years then write something.

Sean Cahill wrote:Anyway you can contact Nelson Performance by email form there website at www.nelsonperformance.com. On there website is the phone number to them and you can call and ask any questions you might have. They can reflash and tune the eco ecu. I posted this colume to share info with j-body lovers that maybe didnt know it could be done. I know i have been looking for two years you the info and the results. I used to be on here everyday four years ago until i had to go overseas. I will continue to share information i find even if there are some small minded individuals that are bite a helping hand.
See Ya Alll Around.

Something doesn't add up. Did you have another name? What was it?

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:34 PM
I'd still be interested... The thought of tuning myself sounds like more than I'd want to get into. Hard to measure results without a drag strip or dyno handy... I'd be messing with it forever...

He doesn't list ecotec on his site though... maybe I'll wait for him to gain more experience with them... Not sure if I'd pay that much for an ECU tune without it being in my car and my car on a dyno... Pretty pricey when you think about it... You send in your used ECU and get the same thing back with a $500.00 tune up done to some sort of standard settings he came up with for somebody else's car (and was likely paid for the job). 5 minutes "work" for $500.00???
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:51 PM
Roy 345 wrote:I'd still be interested... The thought of tuning myself sounds like more than I'd want to get into. Hard to measure results without a drag strip or dyno handy... I'd be messing with it forever...

He doesn't list ecotec on his site though... maybe I'll wait for him to gain more experience with them... Not sure if I'd pay that much for an ECU tune without it being in my car and my car on a dyno... Pretty pricey when you think about it... You send in your used ECU and get the same thing back with a $500.00 tune up done to some sort of standard settings he came up with for somebody else's car (and was likely paid for the job). 5 minutes "work" for $500.00???

If he's charging $500 your better off going and spending the $650 to buy HPT for yourself, read the FAQs and guides, and have the ability to adjust it when YOU want. not when you have $500 more dollars.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:37 AM
Hey rod you may think you know every thing you might want to call rimrock chevy here in billings where not i only do i work but where i talk to the gm high performance rep for the ecotec division. OH you think you know so much. Right anyways there are probably some thing that you may know that i dont, that is likly but you dont know it all. So stuff it. By the way if you call josh at rk sport thay did make a true cold ari kit for the ecotec but you not working for or with chevy on it's development probable never even knew it was made. So Sorry for you. The cold air from rk sport replaces the entire air boxes and tubeing from the t/b down. Bet you wish you werent such a arrogant no it all and maybe i would help you and all your pompous friends to get these parts. And no the ait bypass did not come from ebay it was done inhouse at rimrock chevy here in billings.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:59 AM
Yes i just rejoined jbody i used to be on here about four years ago, but military service called me away from the scene, Then some family situations kept me away a little longer. But i am back now and though i know i do not know everything and none of you on here do either, and knowing that everyone has differences in oppinions on almost all aspects of the ride. Taking that into account and none of you truely knowing me as much as i dont know any of you. The eco i run may not sound like much to you but it is mine and though it may not whip everyone it WILL beat most. I make a challenge to anyone who will take it. I will be on 24th street in billings mt on november 17th and 24th at 8:pm my challenge is open to anyone. Put up or shut up was called on me, so here is the RESPONCE. We need not race on the street. We will race on a private drag strip 1/4 mile owned by an aquaintance of mine. NOW I SAY TO ALL "PUT UP OR SHUT THE F#CK UP"

Peace
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:53 AM
Ok let's go. I call your bluff. Your a big mouth piece of work with nothing to back up his mouth. I'll be at the NHRA SC event in Colorado in 07. We'll race there. You choose which of the 3 cars I bring that you wanna race. Hell I may event come out and whomp you in front of your "homies" "friends" "crew" or whatever you call the people you ahng out with.

Now what? Put up or shut up....I put up. Now show what you got.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:27 PM
No playing games on you coming here hypsy. I wanna see your car run

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search