Not another one - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Not another one
Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:53 PM
Ok since theres no way in hell im getting the HO Manifold Adapte,. im doing the next best thing.. im gonna port match it to the head... now i have never ever done it before so i have a couple of questions. what bit should i use ? i have several and i can mess up some before i get it right. ... im thinking its straight up forward just shaping it to the 2.4 gasket... anyone done this before ? number for the Drill bit will help or i to have The Rotozip which i think would help more but yeah the name of the bit is all i need. thanks

Re: Not another one
Thursday, October 19, 2006 2:52 PM
I guess you never took the manifold off your 2.4 head or never saw a 2.4 port. You want to port match the HEAD, not the manifold. The Ho manifold port are bigger than the 2.4 ports so there's no way you can port match the manifold.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:05 PM
Why is there no way in hell your getting a HO intake manifold. Who said no one has one laying around.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:02 PM
Mfk-223 wrote:I guess you never took the manifold off your 2.4 head or never saw a 2.4 port. You want to port match the HEAD, not the manifold. The Ho manifold port are bigger than the 2.4 ports so there's no way you can port match the manifold.

lol but the 2.4 was the replacment motor to the old quad 4! eaven has balance shafts and a cool plastic intake manafold. and i wont mention the better flowing exhaust ports

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:58 PM
So your saying that i dont need to port the HO Intake manifold right ? so will it bolt up to the 2.4l head with just the drilled holes to fit. ? hence the manifold has the bigger port it will lap the little humps shape on the2.4l head right ? so i get my manifold drill the holes and attach it to the head no other mods. Right or im i missing something and i know ive read the faq so many times and i had in mind the adapter from chris.
Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:37 PM
Juan Morales wrote:So your saying that i dont need to port the HO Intake manifold right ? so will it bolt up to the 2.4l head with just the drilled holes to fit. ? hence the manifold has the bigger port it will lap the little humps shape on the2.4l head right ? so i get my manifold drill the holes and attach it to the head no other mods. Right or im i missing something and i know ive read the faq so many times and i had in mind the adapter from chris.

if you do it that way, your just pissing your time and money away, the manifold/head will flow like total ass. get the adapter and do it right...

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:03 PM
You call match porting the manifold to the head second best? It is first best, but more costly. To match port the manifold to the head you have to add material and take away in some areas. I think only a couple have ever done it this way, and it can be done, but again not your average person can do it either.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 19, 2006 7:14 PM
John Higgins wrote:You call match porting the manifold to the head second best? It is first best, but more costly. To match port the manifold to the head you have to add material and take away in some areas. I think only a couple have ever done it this way, and it can be done, but again not your average person can do it either.

On my HO manifold i cut the flange right off, had a custom flange cNc'd and then rewelded on the tubes, welded and smoothed just like you said.. it took ALOT of time to do that and yet i find myself back in the shop cutting a 3/4" thick plastic spacer so i dont get as much heat transfer to the manifold saying i have a screw in IAT and the temps tend to get HOT..

Friday, October 20, 2006 5:26 PM
The thing is that no one sells the spacer....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search