whats next? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whats next?
Monday, October 16, 2006 8:01 PM
so i finally got a body kit and my car painted and whatnot, so i was thinking, maybe i should start off adding some bolt ons? possibly a strut bar, performance intake, new exhaust from header to muffler, the possibilities are endless....? anyways, i know this is a matter of opinion, but being only 16 other opinions would be much more helpful and interesting, so any ideas? please comment!! thanks

Re: whats next?
Monday, October 16, 2006 11:54 PM
save your money for college

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:17 AM
99redz24 wrote:save your money for college

And you did that at 16 i think not

anyways

you can get a full exhaust header,cat,muffler then a intake to match the exhaust

then maybe some projector head lights and some hids its really up to you

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:36 AM
thats true larry, did not see that. it was 3am and i had just gotten off of work. then again for some people thats no excuse

anyways, most people start with an intake. then go from there.
i didnt want a body kit, so i started with suspension

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:58 PM
yea i was thinking an intake, i know the specs on the WAI and CAI are relatively close, any suggestions? i was also thinking about replacing the whole exhaust system, would that add a decent amount whp?
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:58 AM
you can get a cheap intake from ebay. to get the most out of the exhaust system, get a header

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:57 AM
For bolt-ons on the 2200, go with an e-bay intake and get a K&N filter to fit it, do a full exhaust (header, high flow cat, muffler and 2 1/4" pipe), a 2.3L Quad 4 Throttle Body (56mm) and the full roller rocker conversion.

For the exhaust get the header, cat and muffler of your choice and have an exhaust shop bend the pipes for you. I would reccomend a resonator or glasspack to keep the sound levels down to a point where the police won't hassle you all the time. The bigger the resonator / glasspack is the lower the sound level will be. For glasspacks, go with the Thrush/Dynomax Magnum glasspacks, they have a perforated core, not a louverd core, for no restictions to exhaust gass flow. A straight through muffler will help with the flow also.

The 2.3L Quad 4 TB is 56mm as opposed to the 52mm one that is stock, which allows for more air flow. There are numerous threads concerning this mod, you can use the search feature at the top of this forum for more info, or you can just scan through the pages of this forum and probably find a couple threads on this on just about each page.

Read the 2.2/2200 OHV Rocker Arm List for more info on the rocker arm conversion.

These mods will make a little more power, but to get good power out of these motors requires head work and a cam change.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search