Pacesetter catback exhaust clip?? anyone have a clip - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pacesetter catback exhaust clip?? anyone have a clip
Monday, October 16, 2006 2:17 PM
looking for a video/sound clip of pacesetter catback perferably on an eco. Is quite or no? looking for QUITE, no fart can loud/obnoxious, no buzzyness (even with pacesetter I would add a reonator) biggest thing is I don't want to get pulled over EVER for exhaust being loud. the quiter the better but somethign that flows.

Re: Pacesetter catback exhaust clip?? anyone have a clip
Monday, October 16, 2006 2:27 PM
first off, its quiet, not quite.

secondly, most ppl on here have said it sounds loud and like ass.

go with a custom setup, a 30" thrush resonator, and a 25" dynomax super turbo. that should keep some relative flow. anything oem quiet (like walker's stuff) will probably hinder performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, October 16, 2006 2:30 PM
ive only heard it on the ohv and 2.4

ohv was quiet , 2.4 was loud , and after having a 18" res added it sounded pretty dam good

the 2.4 had a header and high flow cat , and all 2 1/4" piping

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:46 PM
I have it with an 18" glasspack on my 2200 and it sounds tits. all my friends like it. without the glasspack it sounded raspy and just all around obnoxious and terrible
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:05 PM
I have a clip of a custom magnaflow setup....magnflow cat, magnaflow 4"x20" muffler, and a magnaflow muffler at the rear with dual 3" tips and 2.25" mandrel tubing..sounds very good to me..quiet if you stay out of the throttle but as soon as you gun it..it is loud but fairly mean for a 4cyl...i do get alot of comments anyways..phil
[URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/drifterfire/?action=view¤t=exhaustsoundclip.flv][/URL]
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:07 PM
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:43 PM
^^^ what does that have to do with this thread?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:11 PM
lmao

- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:22 PM
i heard the pacesetter stuff was basically magnaflow..maybe i was wrong..you also specified you wanted something not to loud..i was showing you an option...but thanks for bieng a dick..jbo never ceases to amaze me..phil
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 8:42 PM
Philly D wrote: i was showing you an option...but thanks for bieng a dick..jbo never ceases to amaze me..phil

JBO never stops amazing me either..... reading > most of the .org

I asked very specifically about what I wanted..... "looking for a video/sound clip of pacesetter catback perferably on an eco." I don't think thats a difficult request to figure out..... pacesetter-catback-eco

If I was looking for sound clips of other things I would have looked in this thread...... http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=339698&t=339698&p=1 after looking it that thread I did not find pacesetter catback, which was the point of this post.

Don't get your pantys in a bunch, I apreciate the attempt to help but if its not what I'm trying to get help on then it really isn't helping. Its like if I wanted torque specs for the valve cover and you gave me torque specs for the intake manifold.... close but no.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:27 AM
Hey Ryan, was the exhaust that I used to have on my car too loud for you? If not it was a simple system....if you wanna know just IM me or something.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:57 PM
yours sounded good but a bit louder then what I'm looking for... what was yours? did you have a resonator or no? cause if that was no resonator I'll buy it and add one.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:34 PM
yeah it was just stock mani fold w/ stock cat, 2.25 bent piping w/ a DynoMax super turbo muffler....no resonaltor...so if you and a header and hi flow cat do it id get the longest resonator and you sound just as if not quieter then mine.

And right now ive got the catco high flow and love it...its not raspy at all through out the power band and thats w/ a staright through muffler and 2.5 in pipping...

and the longest resonater you can fit is like a 30 inch...cuz between the stock cat and the first bend in the piping is 36inchs.

hope that helps, if you have anymore questions hit me up on AIM.

oh yeah and a main reason why mine was loud was cuz of the intake

Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:57 AM
I have the Magnaflow Cat-Back from RK Sport
nice tone, mild noise, very very happy with it
i hade a Ebay JDM set up before sounded
and fit like s#%t, if i can i'll post a video

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search