2.4 msd wiring...opinions???... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 msd wiring...opinions???...
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:32 AM
this is mainly just a quick pictorial of what i've done so far....to see if i'm on the right track.....and excuse the not-so-good pics....used my not-so-good camera phone...hahaha...

the first handful of pics should be pretty much self explainitory......

next two pics....i took a couple of feet of 16ga wire (one for each terminal)....and attached a female disconnect on one end.....and a male disconnect on the other end....

female disconnect attached to stock ICM plug

male disconnect attached to bottom of MSD interface module (i bent the male disconnect so that it will sit flat under the interface module....when i bolt it down).....

interface modules wired to dis-2 plug

how i labeled the coil packs

how i'm going to have them sit when i put them in th engine bay.....going to have the dis-2 sit right next to them.....

WHEN I'M GOD, EVERYONE DIES

Re: 2.4 msd wiring...opinions???...
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:05 PM
Most excellent as I want to do the same to my 2000 Z24, can you give a list of the part numbers needed for this conversion and also what spark plug wires and lengths are needed, thanks.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:13 PM
lets see....

8870 - msd interface module
8224 - msd gm 2 tower coil pack
62112 - msd dis-2 plus

as for the spark plug wires.....i'm making a custom set using msd 8.5mm bulk wire...and msd spark plug boots.....i haven't gotten them yet....so i can't give you any lengths on the wires...i'm relocating my battery to the trunk...and putting all the msd where the battery sits.....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:16 PM
lets see....

8870 - msd interface module
8224 - msd gm 2 tower coil pack
62112 - msd dis-2 plus

as for the spark plug wires.....i'm making a custom set using msd 8.5mm bulk wire...and msd spark plug boots.....i haven't gotten them yet....so i can't give you any lengths on the wires...i'm relocating my battery to the trunk...and putting all the msd where the battery sits.....also.....check this out...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=288532&t=288532

more info you might find interesting.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search