K&N filter sucks - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
K&N filter sucks
Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:25 AM
I own a 2003 Cavalier.

I recently added a K&N filter. It feels like it loosened up the higher RPM band so now I can rev more freely but it murdered my bottom end.

My car is not nearly as fast from a take off. I put the stock filter back in and its back to normal. What gives?

Re: K&N filter sucks
Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:31 AM
no idea... when i first put one in my bird i felt more power from take off and through all 3 gears -lmao!

Saturday, October 14, 2006 9:45 AM
did u dry it out first......then tend to gocme with too much oil...set it on a paper towel for a day and let it dry

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:45 AM
Is it an intake with a k&n cone filter, or only a drop in filter?

Saturday, October 14, 2006 12:33 PM
my k&n filter works very well and at night it works even better, i guess because of the cold air. I have a Z some i
Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:36 PM
Butt dynos can be completely psychosomatic, so they are hard to go by.

When I did my intake a couple years ago, I didn't notice any loss of power in any of the RPM's...I don't know what to tell you.
Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:05 AM
i have a high flow on an intake and it seems tohave a lost a little bit and maybe move the power band up 500 rpm (like 3500-5500 instead of 3000 to 5000)
but makes cruising a little better in my opinion soif you like your low end and it works better for you, then use your stock guess. the motordepends too i would guessi have a 97 z24sooooooo.....you know
Saturday, October 21, 2006 1:34 PM
RESET THE COMPUTER!

New Picture comming this summer.
Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:20 PM
OMG U DID NOT SE ELIKE 800WHP GAIN!?! YOU MUST HAVE PUT THE FILTER IN UPDSIDE DOWN !!!!!!

LD wrote:I own a 2003 Cavalier.

I recently added a K&N filter. It feels like it loosened up the higher RPM band so now I can rev more freely but it murdered my bottom end.

My car is not nearly as fast from a take off. I put the stock filter back in and its back to normal. What gives?

Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:27 PM
Try cleaning the trottle body and see if that helps?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search