engine rebuild - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine rebuild
Friday, October 13, 2006 1:59 PM
ok so my 98 2.4 started knocking so i just swaped a 96 2.4l into my 98 sunfire

and i was wondering what should i do when rebuilding an engine

arp head bolts
eagle rods
weisco pistons
2.3 oil pump swap (if someone has had experiecne with this plz let me know how to do it i searched and it didnt help me much)

this is my first rebuild so i dont know what to to i have been searching to see but this iss all i got plz help me

jordan

Re: engine rebuild
Friday, October 13, 2006 2:11 PM
I could start preaching to you what you should do...but the real question is, what do you want out of the car?

If you are looking for a reliable 200+ whp, then click me

I thought you were one of the 3 members I sent those 50 or so pictures of how the 2.3L swap is done. If not let me know, because those show every step required to do it in excruciating detail.
Friday, October 13, 2006 2:19 PM
ummm no it was not me this was my 1st pump question i asked once if it was a direct bolt on and if the jbp wa just as good got my answer there

ok and im looking to get WAYY more then 200HP(im going to go turbo so the engine needs to get started there)

like i said its a spare engine so im not going to cheep out(ill prolly just do bolt ones on one in my car then transfer them so i want the engine built the best i can)
Friday, October 13, 2006 2:33 PM
Just sent you the pictures via/ Electronic-mail

hope they help,
Friday, October 13, 2006 2:50 PM
ok well that dont seem to hard and all those things that u posted(the link) anrt celvette bearings csb bearings???

we put those on our car lol
Friday, October 13, 2006 11:13 PM
I don't know what "csb bearings" are, bot if you missed the "A'" key and meant "cap bearings"...as in "main cap bearings" you would be correct. They also make rod bearings.
Monday, October 16, 2006 12:01 PM
i ment the bearings they use in chevy small blocks
Monday, October 16, 2006 12:14 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the SBC have wider and greater in diameter main journals, so the main bearings for a SBC wouldn't work for an LD9. If you are asking if they are the same company, I have no idea.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:20 AM
Could you email me those pictures of the oil pump swap please?

- Paul

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:29 PM
ill take them too... thanks. flawdaboi407@bellsouth.net
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search