Dying fuel pump..hesitation. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dying fuel pump..hesitation.
Monday, August 08, 2005 5:45 PM
Hey guys,
well, i'm dropping the fuel tank this weekend to chance the fuel sending unit so that i can tell how much gas i have. But this morning on a full tank of gas (just filled it up yesterday), i was cruising and then the car started hesitating, stutter, for about 10mins.. 6km. After work it was fine.

Just curious if this is a precursor to a pump thats on its way out? BTW..theres a been a few other times, where it just stutters in 1st for about 2 secs and thats it.

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Dying fuel pump..hesitation.
Monday, August 08, 2005 6:11 PM
kinda sounds like what mine was doing in my 00 2.4 cav , now i have a auto meter fuel pressure gauge , so i can keep a eye on fuel pressure now

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:52 PM
How did you hook one up on the 2.4 by chance?

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 9:07 PM
When was the last time you changed ur fuel filter?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:28 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]kinda sounds like what mine was doing in my 00 2.4 cav , now i have a auto meter fuel pressure gauge , so i can keep a eye on fuel pressure now

yeah where did you hook up that FP guage?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 5:47 AM
Juice pushrods wrote:When was the last time you changed ur fuel filter?

Maybe 6 months or so ago, used an AC Delco, need I change it again?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:48 AM
have you installed anything under the hood? ei. command start?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:19 AM
my eco was doing the same thing, i had a broken fuel rail bolt though... i got it fixed and then the noise went away... but it was the same thing, at high rpms it would make a stuttering noise, kinda like a clicking.... i think it was the in consistent fuel pressure due to the fuel rail being unsteady... and in your case it could be the fuel pump...good luck

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:20 AM
Just thought I would ask sometimes people forget about the filter and that could be a source of your problem thats all.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 2:13 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:have you installed anything under the hood? ei. command start?

No, being a manual, i wont take the risk of a remote start. As for my fuel rail, she's in there pretty good, both bolts holding it to the Intake cam carrier. Guess when it finally goes ill need to find one, any ideas on a performance fuel pump? I plan on going with the GM S/C kit one day, if that helps.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search