Crossing into the Black - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crossing into the Black
Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:24 AM
Ladies, Fellas..

Currently I am in search of an intake manifold off of a 2.4 HO.. I have a 2.4L Twin Cam, (gen3 cavz24) and I am concidering forgoing wilth the stock intake manifold assy. and going to a more direct means for aspiration.

Unfortunately I do not have the "know" when comes to knowing which cars have this "2.4HO" engine.. (pontiac? olds-alero) and I have no idea
what years to look for, my guess is late model, around 1999-2002.

What I would like is exact cars, models, because I grow tired of asking parts dealers for what I am looking for, and them not having any freaking idea what I am talking about.

Give me all you got..

ps. (what the hell is it with this "tuner tube" everyone is yammering at me about, can somebody please enlighten me)

thanks

Re: Crossing into the Black
Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:26 AM
There never was a 2.4 HO.

The tuner tube is a black plastic tube inside the airbox on the throttle body. Removing it does nothing but make a little more noise.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:35 AM

Ill just ditch the whole works anyways...as far as the entire intake system goes..

..and if I look closely at your sig, I can see what I want... THATS THE INTAKE... thats what I want...

where, how, why, who, if and what?

-ken

Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:49 AM
Thats a 2.3 HO intake manifold. Search on 2.3 HO Manifold and you'll get all the answers and how-to's you can stand to read.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:15 PM
.... wow.

Just... wow.

Sell your car and find a new hobby.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:32 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:.... wow.

Just... wow.

Sell your car and find a new hobby.

-Chris-

I certianly hope that this isnt directed towards me..

I found out today that this particular manifold is found on pontiac cars. To answer "my own" question.

"Quad Four" is stamped on the valve cover plate. which is about half the size of a regular "2.4 TWIN CAM" plate.

to make a long story short.. I went out to the parts yard and after talking with the owner, I finally got access to the yard (otherwize ristricted)
We went from pontiac to pontiac, popping hoods on all of them, untill. I found what I wanted..

It was on a Grand Prix... my guess a 95, or a 96.. not sure.. We also ran accross some Pontiac Tempests, which coincidently had the "quad four"
stamping, with a "16v" footnote on the bottom left. Those models had a compleatly different intake manifold, which somewhat resembled a hedder, only with a throttlebody where the collecter should have been...also the power steering pump was indirectly driven by the cam shaft, via a belt (one that looked very troublesome to change.

prettymuch the same engine..just a little different..

THE ACTUAL INFORMATION THAT I AM LOOKING FOR (HELP)

What should I require to compleate this build.. I want to put the "Quad Cam" intake manifold, on the "2.4 TWIN CAM" engine..

-do I need any special concerning the throttlebody
-can I use the same throttlebody thats currently on the car, or do I need the TB from the original Pontiac?
-How do I ensure the throttle cable/cruise control cable reach the new throttle body position
-Is there any thing I should be aware of, that I don't know (tricks, mods)

-Aspiration, do I design, build a new intake setup, or is there a part I can buy that would suffice (perhaps a honda part, or a toyota part, cut to length)

anything pertinant to the specific situation would be greatly appreciated

thanks

-ken

Saturday, August 12, 2006 8:58 PM
ok...

firstly.. I would like to openly apologize to all of you, about asking this question.

After looking through 45+ pages of posts in the Proformance catagory, I found about 1 thread on this topic in each page.

So kicking a dead horse is obviously out of the question, and you guys/girls have literally beat this to DEATH.

Im the guy thats behind here.. so Im going to try and play catch-up for a while..

cheers..

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:20 PM
[tont=arial]Just the fact you called it a "valve cover plate" makes me re-iterate my point.

SELL YOUR CAR AND FIND A NEW HOBBY.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

Not even close.

Have a good day.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:38 PM
yo..

CHRIS..

Theres two ways to handle a situation, taking out misplaced frustration on someone who asking a question
leaves allot to be said for how much you lend to this community.

I suppose thats the way everyone speaks to you, when you have questions.

...I think not

&^#% ya

dont even bother replying

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:42 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:[tont=arial]Just the fact you called it a "valve cover plate" makes me re-iterate my point.

SELL YOUR CAR AND FIND A NEW HOBBY.

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about.

Not even close.

Have a good day.

-Chris-

When you don't know the exact name of something, you try your best to "name it"......

Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:16 AM
The Ho came in Beretta, GA, Calais, Achieva, Skylark and Cutlass supreme. Even some van in Europe. If you think the IDI cover is half the size of the TC cover, you are wrong. You just looked at the 8V OHC 2.3. Not even close to an Ho. The Ho will have a cover the same as a 2.4 with HO written on it. Also, the 2.3 from 87-94 had the powersteering running off the cam with a belt. the 95 2.3 had the same power steering as the 2.4. The header style intake manifold is the 87-89 intake manifold. It flow like constipated guy.

Tempest didn't had quad. Also, the 87- had the 4 TECH.

Also, Chris know 100 billion times more than you about engines and performance. You hit the wrong guy.

GP didn't had the quad 4.

But they are right, if you don't know what you are looking for or what you are doing, you better get another hobby and read ALOT before doing anything else. If you want to be good and have a reliable car, knowing that stuff almost need to be natural, it need to stick in your head as soon as you read it.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search