question about pacesetter headers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about pacesetter headers
Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:37 PM
ok i havea question about this.. my ecotec header has the classic problem pacesetters have is that annoying leak at the flex joint till the car warms up.... afer my car is warm it doesnt leak anymore... ok my questoin is how to stop this? i konw its been asked before..... my though on this is getting what all the old school car guys call a donut gasket for this? what do you guys think? would this work? or just get new bolts, springs, and nuts and just reinstall them? thanks in advance....

Re: question about pacesetter headers
Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:39 PM
Tighten the bolts and springs down untill the springs start to deform and mush... this is what I did and don't have a single problem. Not sure if I got a lucky one or if this is just what has to be done. I didn't look at your reg. but make sure you have both motor mounts before doing that.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:41 PM
no i dont have the motor mounts yet.... still stock..... and i have tried to tighten them more... they just wont budge.... another guy at work said to try and tighten them when the exhaust is warm but i dont know that may hurt LOL....

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:45 PM
the motor mounts will help the that joint from moving so much. you should be okay with tightening the bolts/springs down while it's cold, and get those motor mounts when you can.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:47 PM
sweet... sounds like thats my next investment... since the eco top mout is so high LOL.. but yea thanks guys if anyone else has insite please tell me....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search