Just put these in... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just put these in...
Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:56 PM

and they're great. There's like no engine shaking....except for one little thing. What do u do about the vibes in the dash? i have intake, catback , highflow cat, and now these mounts and i can feel the added power but i dont like how the dash vibrates now. Wut have u guys done to fix this

Re: Just put these in...
Friday, August 11, 2006 12:03 AM
theres nothing you can do about it, as far as i know

Friday, August 11, 2006 12:17 AM
tighten down every screw and dyno mat will get rid of the bulk of the rattles. To get rid of the vibes, you go back to your stock mounts.

This isn't a sports car... you gotta sacrifice some confort for power.

Besides, the vibes will also lessen once the mounts get broken in. That usually takes a few weeks.

Friday, August 11, 2006 3:18 AM
I didnt get vibes once they broke in, make sure to torque the bolts for the lower, and the upper cover mount bolts to 55ft lbs, that seemed to make things more smooth too.

Friday, August 11, 2006 8:29 AM
wait tell you turn the a/c on

Friday, August 11, 2006 10:25 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]wait tell you turn the a/c on

I could hear my A/C whining like a mini supercharger after putting the lower mount in. Still have the top insert in a drawer somewhere, but I need to go ahead and put it on since the vibes have gone down now that the lower one has broken in.

Friday, August 11, 2006 10:33 AM
Trust me, i know, even with stock mounts it vibed.

Friday, August 11, 2006 11:58 AM
Also the case has to do with the Auto's and sticks,

The automatic has way more vibes then the manuals.

Friday, August 11, 2006 12:14 PM
That was the first mod I did to mine 8 months ago and I love them, I don't even notice the vibes or buzzing, I guess I've gotten used to it.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Friday, August 11, 2006 2:45 PM
yeah u get used to them and wind up loving them more but yeah i always recommend doing mounts cause they r cheap yet they make a big difference.
Friday, August 11, 2006 3:21 PM
El fuego (the grounded one) wrote:Also the case has to do with the Auto's and sticks,

The automatic has way more vibes then the manuals.

I'm lucky cause mine is a manual, but sucks because i've got a rough idle (shakes the crap out of the car)

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:37 PM
i love mine but passengers dont lol i had lower one put in at canadian tire and when i got into the car i thought they broke something it was so rough. i checked under the hood and under the car cause i also got an alignment but then then i clued in it has to be the mount.

plus not having a harmonic balancer on the crank it was pretty bad. i dont notice anymore and its not so bad
Nick
Friday, August 11, 2006 9:54 PM
nick renaud wrote:plus not having a harmonic balancer on the crank it was pretty bad. i dont notice anymore and its not so bad
Nick

No harmonic balancer? Won't that destroy your bearings?

I've got the prothane lower mount and a steel plate insert on the upper mount. Shakes the whole car at a red light because of the rough idle. I tell people it's the radical race cams, but it's just got 2.4 idle pms.

I had squeaks on the radio trim piece, but I took silicone sealer and put a few blobs near the clips. Cover that with saran wrap and reinstall the piece. When it dried the squeaks were gone and I can still take the piece back off, the saran wrap didn't let it stick to both pieces.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, August 12, 2006 12:25 AM

no sh*t, when i turned the ac on yesterday i thought my dash was gonna explode. its bad enough that i need new shox and struts so the car is already extra bouncy, the vibes do annoy the heck out of me tho.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:47 AM
I have been told that if you take the bolts out of the dash and reinstall them with rubber washers, it helps the vibes a lot. I have yet to try it because I don't mind the vibes. It seems like automatics are worse with the vibes than the manuals (I have had both with motor mounts).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search