Do I Need Fuel Mods Now? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Do I Need Fuel Mods Now?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:45 PM
Ok guys, I have WAI, 2.3HO intake mani, pacesetter header, and custom 2.5 all the way back. My question is will the stock fuel pump, injectors, etc. be fine for this. I assume it would be but just trying to decide where to go next.

Re: Do I Need Fuel Mods Now?
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:10 PM
You don't need bigger injectors.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:23 PM
Don't start worrying about fuel upgrades unless you are going forced induction.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:57 PM
nice sig!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:16 PM
Thanks for the input, and thanks Gabe for the comment about sig.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:32 PM
What about with upgraded cams?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:14 PM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:What about with upgraded cams?

if your going all out N/A (high compression,large cams, fully ported polished head,big intake/tb, header and large exhaust, etc etc etc) you will most likely have to do some upgrades/changes here/there but for the avg. "joe" looking for alittle more pep. fuel mods are not needed n/a.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:18 PM
well im running gm charger with 2.6" pulley, gm s/c 310cc injectors, 35 shot of nitrous, cams, full rebuild and im still smelling exhaust all over the place, now i do not have a wideband yet (ordering soon) but according to my guessing air fuel gauge staying on green on WOT i still have fuel left, if anything i can lean out some if not alot which will be during my tuning session.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:44 PM
look up brian- speedracerz's engine list. he is on the stock injectors and a blazer fuel pump.(he was running boost/ will be again). he is on the stock injectors. and his a/f ratio is a tad rich.

so to say what others have said, dont worry about fuel till you go forced induction.

i was running 5 psi on the gm s/c with stock injectors, fmu and walbro pump.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:59 PM
Jake wrote:look up brian- speedracerz's engine list. he is on the stock injectors and a blazer fuel pump.(he was running boost/ will be again). he is on the stock injectors. and his a/f ratio is a tad rich.

so to say what others have said, dont worry about fuel till you go forced induction.

i was running 5 psi on the gm s/c with stock injectors, fmu and walbro pump.

he was using red tops when he was boosted....... I just wanted to clear that up cause next u know someone will be on here I did a blazer pump with 15psi of boost on stock injectors and i blew up...... but yes hes currently running stock injectors but is maxxing them out from what he told me....... right now im running green tops since mine were clipping and going bad... you can check my sig for listed mods

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:06 PM
that is why i put in ( ) why he has the blazer pump.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search