Venom intake.. 2.4L .. pics and info - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Venom intake.. 2.4L .. pics and info
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:23 PM
Pics of the Venom manifold with info.
Hopefully the text is clear in the pics.

That's about it.
-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Re: Venom intake.. 2.4L .. pics and info
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:45 PM
its a nice looking intake

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:14 PM
def. looks nice, but how are the gains and can u feel them? is it a worthy upgrade from stock or is it better to get the HO manifold?
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:20 PM
Quote:

is it a worthy upgrade from stock or is it better to get the HO manifold?

I'm assuming it will be about equal +/-

I have experience with the HO mani. Crap and good port jobs.
So I'll try to give a butt dyno comparison.

But yeah, its really shiny

-M

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:29 PM
alrighty ill stay tuned to see how everything works out.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:47 PM
was almost mine lol hey mastin looks good man i likey if u dont like send it this way ok.................

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:31 PM
Still cant see how the HO manifold could flow as well as this one, and still keep low end torque like the stock one can.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:55 PM
why u selling this ? looking for a gm s/c set up for the pre 00? i got it for sale. maybe we can working something out

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:34 PM
the design of that manifold is garbage. they problem is that they tried to retain all stock mounting locatios for everything. that really limited the potential of their design.

in order to really make some nice power you want a nice big plenum with smooth transitions and idealy a nice set of velocity stacks.

im building one for petes cavy here real soon with all the bells and whistles, ill keep you guys updated.
Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:40 AM
^^id like to see and hear more info on this as it gets developed.
Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:25 AM
DevilsSi1481 wrote:^^id like to see and hear more info on this as it gets developed.

I wouldnt take it for anything other than a grain of salt..

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:58 AM
Quote:

why u selling this ? looking for a gm s/c set up for the pre 00? i got it for sale. maybe we can working something out

That would be nice,
But there's this whole tuning thin, and bar map computer sensor stuff, and cooling, and pulleys, and other stuff......
Ack... i'll just leave it alone.

Quote:

they problem is that they tried to retain all stock mounting locatios for everything.

Umm, how else will it bolt up to the head?

Quote:

in order to really make some nice power you want a nice big plenum with smooth transitions and idealy a nice set of velocity stacks.

Induction Dynamics did that. Kinda over did it though because of the battery relocation requirement.

Quote:

Still cant see how the HO manifold could flow as well as this one, and still keep low end torque like the stock one can.

Interestingly though. LIke shown in the pic, the opening is 59mm (59.5).
On the HO mani its little less at 58mm (58.3 or so)

Just gonna have to wait this weekend to check it out.

Thanks for the look guys.
-M

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:48 AM
Ender_Wiggin wrote:
DevilsSi1481 wrote:^^id like to see and hear more info on this as it gets developed.

I wouldnt take it for anything other than a grain of salt..

ender you are an ignorant a ss hole

as far as manifold design . look at the picture of the venom manifold. it must be turbulent as hell inside there forcing air from the runners and bottlenecking it into plenumish looking thing. ideally youd want all the runners to be equal length , which they dont apprear to be and for them to be fed from the same side of the plenum.

now im really itching to get my buddies z24 in the bay and start hacking stuff up.

his built motor should be in next week, and once we can trailor the car down to the shop for some fabwork, then the fun and pics will be rolling in.

anyone have a picture of the induction dynamics manifold? im curious to see how they designed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:49 AM
Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:00 AM
ccfab here you go.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:14 AM
thats rediculous. hahah they sell that? what are they trying to charge for that thing>?
Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:35 AM
ccfab wrote:thats rediculous. hahah they sell that? what are they trying to charge for that thing>?

Lets see you do better....

Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:57 AM
i fully intend to. very shortly
Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:07 AM
i look forward to it.

Let us know how it runs Mastin.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:09 AM
my guestimate will be petes cav will be one of if not the most powerful ld9 rolling.

it will have all sorts of delicious goodies. wait until you see the turbo manifold
Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:36 AM
ccfab wrote:i fully intend to. very shortly

seriously, I'm really getting tired of hearing about the amazing things you "will do". STFU and DO them, then talk smack.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, August 10, 2006 10:47 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:

seriously, I'm really getting tired of hearing about the amazing things you "will do". STFU and DO them, then talk smack.

+1

i dont know this CCFAB's history on here as hes still relatively NEW, however as the two sayings go

"F--- the yappin, stay true to it, do it"

and

"dont talk about it, BE about it"

theres hundred of "welders" and entrepenuers who are in the forums and claim they are gonna make the fastest cavalier, cavaliers that are the most powerful, and so far no one has even touched mike karas and 410 daily driven HP......

its GREAT to have ambitions and dreams, but constant bragging about em and no show for it, is pointless and for the many who bow out before they live up to their claims, just puts you more in the a-klown pit.

as it stands the people who HAVE tried, couldnt get past faulty welds for longevity.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:06 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:

+1

i dont know this CCFAB's history on here as hes still relatively NEW, however as the two sayings go

and

theres hundred of "welders" and entrepenuers who are in the forums and claim they are gonna make the fastest cavalier, cavaliers that are the most powerful, and so far no one has even touched mike karas and 410 daily driven HP......

its GREAT to have ambitions and dreams, but constant bragging about em and no show for it, is pointless and for the many who bow out before they live up to their claims, just puts you more in the a-klown pit.

as it stands the people who HAVE tried, couldnt get past faulty welds for longevity.

Not to make Scarab and Event feel awkward but what they both just said made them my new heroes, lol.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:10 PM
Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:39 PM

+1

and

Its alright, he's a little Honda whiney baby anyway

Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:58 PM

+1

and

AKlown Pit? Yea... I intend on making a good amount of power over 410whp. At least it better for the thousands of dollars that went into this build. As soon as the machine shop tells me to pick my bottom end up, we'll start fabbing all kinds of stuff up for it. I realize 95% of the kids on this site live off hopes and dreams, but I don't see to many people as dedicated as I am, anywhere. I'm probably just 'aklowning' though. I guess i'll just come out of the woodwork in a month or so and post some dyno sheets. Notice how this is really the first you've heard of my build? I try not to be like 'that kid' and brag every day. Notice how long my sig has been like that. I blew up my car last October, and it hasn't seen the road since. A lot of every paycheck goes into it and its STILL not back on the road so obviously i'm not here to ruffle feathers and never show my face again like every other ambitious kid I see on this site that is going to make a million horsepower.

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search