Best of the best, of engine swaps - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best of the best, of engine swaps
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:34 PM
Testing your knowledge. What is the best engine tranny swap, for performance, that a person could do in little time if all parts are availible?

Tell me what ya think?

Peace

Re: Best of the best, of engine swaps
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 5:13 AM
my opinion.
easiest would be swapping the same engine, a eco for an eco, 2.4 for a 2.4, etc etc
for as performance goes, id say ecotec simply due to the fact it has a nice aftermarket

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:12 AM
Either swap an LD9 or an Eco. I won't bother making an argument for either one, personally I'd be happy with either. They both have a good aftermarket and both are capable of plenty of power in the right hands. LD9 is a simpler swap and likely cheaper, however Ecotecs are getting easier to find in salvage yards. Ecotecs have somewhat of an advantage as you can go to the nearest GM dealer and buy manuals that actually tell you, part for part, what you need to build anything from a mild daily driver to a 1000+HP track slut. And you can do it with off the shelf parts that you can buy directly from GM performance catalogs.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:52 AM
^^ Eco's are MUCH easier to find, in much better condition, and much cheaper from what I have seen. for performance I think the HO or Eco is the best swap. both are great engines to build. trans swap to F23 or NVG-T550(HO or 2.4L only). ditch the isuzu if you have it.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:01 AM
Eco? did that come in a 2.4? i dont really recall... and what actually is the better tranny? and what is the spec difference between the ECO and the 2.3 H.O? and ill keep that in mind about ditching my izuzu tranny, yep thats what i got 2.2L with the 5 spd izuzu
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search