LEVELZERO STAGE 2 ECOTEC VOTE! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LEVELZERO STAGE 2 ECOTEC VOTE!
Sunday, August 06, 2006 5:30 PM
Hey,
Have a chance to buy some levelzero stage 2 ecotec cams. Claimed HP of 15 to the wheels I believe!
I would like a VOTE on whether these cams are worth the price (approx $250), or should I stick with Crane/cower or JBP?
So YES or NO guys and if you don't mind telling me why. I've heard they work, and that they don't. Please make sure I buy the right cams!!
Thanks

Uraaz

www.cardomain.com/ride/595770

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: LEVELZERO STAGE 2 ECOTEC VOTE!
Sunday, August 06, 2006 7:17 PM
I have these cams in my car right now, ZERO problems, no CEL. Idles fine and all. Mine are also for sale, as i have some different plans for the car. But id say go for it.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 9:14 PM
imo, for the cash its a good deal. but i'm just not sure i would support levelzero, they're comming along way or have come along way from what they once were however.....

Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:22 PM
Thanks guys... Nick, notice a huge difference? Car much faster? Please tell me yes. lol
I feel you justin, that's why I had to ask some of you guys.. Also heard levelzero not sure what they're doing!

Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:55 PM
Huge difference...no. Is there a difference yes. I dyno'd a gain of 6hp 8lb tq. Before and After. At the same dyno, with relative conditions. The stock ecu doesn't like it a whole lot though. I know there is much more potential to be had. Ill see what I can pull with hptuners trimming fuel before I sell them off.

Monday, August 07, 2006 4:50 AM
wierd question here but does it give the car has a cam sound?

Monday, August 07, 2006 9:41 AM
nwcavi nick wrote:Huge difference...no. Is there a difference yes. I dyno'd a gain of 6hp 8lb tq. Before and After. At the same dyno, with relative conditions. The stock ecu doesn't like it a whole lot though. I know there is much more potential to be had. Ill see what I can pull with hptuners trimming fuel before I sell them off.

if the cams are a good grind (who knows saying they dont release their specs to people for some stupid reason?) they should make good power with supportive mods (porting, higher compression, full exhaust, full intake (throttlebody, manifold,etc)...

just hope your not paying 250bux for cams that are close to stock because i know i'd be pissed.

Monday, August 07, 2006 10:15 PM
Manitoba Motorsports wrote:
nwcavi nick wrote:Huge difference...no. Is there a difference yes. I dyno'd a gain of 6hp 8lb tq. Before and After. At the same dyno, with relative conditions. The stock ecu doesn't like it a whole lot though. I know there is much more potential to be had. Ill see what I can pull with hptuners trimming fuel before I sell them off.

if the cams are a good grind (who knows saying they dont release their specs to people for some stupid reason?) they should make good power with supportive mods (porting, higher compression, full exhaust, full intake (throttlebody, manifold,etc)...

just hope your not paying 250bux for cams that are close to stock because i know i'd be pissed.

Technically yes. But when the computer fights it all, and runs extremely rich, it doesn't always add up. I know my 05 ecu hasn't liked its life since i went beyond bolt-ons.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:07 AM
DONT DO IT!

I was one of the first to get those cams back when they first came out, around january or so of 05. I was one of the few to actually get dynotuned and there was a gain of 3hp or so after all was said and done. I couldn't hit my peak hp and torque. It moved both curves to the right and killed the power of my car. They're crap and the company lies about the power it makes. Do a search, I posted dyno proof and other information here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 12:25 PM
Arnjolt these are a different set of cams, after you and I got @!#$ by the horse they supposedly came out with an even newer grind. I posted many dyno sheets

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 8:41 PM
So do you all agree that this 15WHP is a joke? I don't want to spend 4-500 bucks on cams and installation for 6hp or less!.. Why aren't we seeing the claimed hp? ECU? I can understand if its based on individual mods, but for 15hp just for installing the cams sounds great, but then looks like its all crap!. AEM claims 8.6 hp on the CAI for the ecotec on a stock motor.. I believe it. Plus with other mods, it probably pulls a little more than that.
Don't think I'm going to buy the cams guys!!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:30 PM
i think the triflows are prob the best ones to get not these

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:31 AM
where can you get the triflows from?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:34 AM
same place level zero

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 3:24 PM
triflows are the ebst yes.. others are junk

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:19 PM
Bringing it back from the dead but nwcavi do you think that because the 04+ computer is close looped that it could pose a problem....im thinking about getting these next summer and wonding if because mine isnt that they might fare a lil better? If not keep us posted on the results after the HpT cuz im really interested in this.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:29 PM
04 computer might actually run the stage 2's better since when I had the stage 2's running way to pig rich was the problem...

that and timing

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:54 PM
Okay, HOW IMPORTANT is it for me to get springs and retainers to go with these cams? Would this help me eliminate any codes I might have or create more? Would I see a better overall performance set-up with addition of the valve springs and retainers? HIGHER RPMS?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:36 PM
you dont need them. No they wouldnt help to eliminate codes

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:07 PM
has anyone gotten these tested w/ HpT yet?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:35 PM
U SURE I dont need any valve springs or retainers? I hear from some, definitely the springs, retainers aren't that serious, only titanium if I'm running high HP or RPM's.... Can any else please tell me if they agree with the boosted one!

Thanks,

QBE-- Can you go into detail a little bit???

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:53 PM
No valve springs stock valvetrain would eb fine

owen Stampflee uses these with hpt...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:45 PM
OWEN CHIME IN MUTHA F*uKCA

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:49 PM
Dammit, thought I had...

Straight up, I had no codes with stock internals...

With a built motor, With an extra degree of lobe seperation, car pulls like a mofo but lacks topend... no codes.
With the cams straight up, I ended up disabling p0300, which I only got when the car was cold... it could have been piston noise, but not sure why I didnt see piston noise with different cam timing. My guess is that I peak at 7500rpm or so, and with a stock head, you'd peak right around redline, maybe 100rpm below...

For $250 they're worth the money... and any ECU problems you have, HPT will fix.

Another bump for LZM, they built my motor... and being 300-400lbs heavier than Ben Wenzel, its a drivers race.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:52 PM
Oh yeah, LZM's tri-flows are the same as JBP's stage3s, and yes, LZM is much cheaper... they're ground by the same cam grinder. LZM did the testing of these cams, I know a few people with them, and they all felt nice top end gains.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search