Daily driver need help? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Daily driver need help?
Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:49 PM
did the H.O manifold swap but i think i got the vacuum linesmixed up and i have one left over? i didnt change any of the sensor cause there is some mixed info all around here some say you need the 2.4 TPS and some say no the one off the 2.3 works. i used the 2.3 TB and all it's sensors.
1 car runs steady and gaskets seem to be fine.
2 car idles at 1700rpm for 5minutes and no sign of it coming down.
3 vacumm leak in the back of manifold, it seems to have threads and a cut hose stuck in there but vacuum leak.

i also hooked the line from the FPR to the mani and then i ran the other line from the map sensor to the second port on the mani.
i have one line on the TB and the larger line on the tb blocked.
please help me i've been working on this all day and need the car soon.

Re: Daily driver need help?
Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:59 PM
i think the large line on the t/b your talking about with be the line for the brake booster and the map sensor needs to be pluged in to the manifold its self not sure if you did that but it sounds like a leak to me i would try resetting your iac sensor to do that --------- you turn your key as far forward as it will go with out turning the car on then you leave it there for 15 sec then turn the key off for 15 sec do this 3 times in a row on, off, on,off,on,off,start

Re: Daily driver need help?
Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:57 AM
thanks but i did some wierd @!#$ to my egr, i made a plate to block it off. i already had the CEL for an o2 sensor i think. the manifold got rid of the bog, and the line to the brake booster and kinked a bit so i fixed that and now the only thing thats wrong is the map line is too small for the port in behind the mani. so going to fix that today and turn the cruise around.
what about the line thats use to go to my cold air intake? the one from the air/oil separator i was going to put a mini filter on it?
Re: dumba$$ need help?
Sunday, May 28, 2006 10:06 AM
map line too small for port?? what one are you trying to put it on, there is a stem thing in the middle on the front side in between the manifold tubes it should plug into pretty easy, if you follow simple directions that were written up on the ho mani you wouldnt have any problems, and you did something weird to egr... i think almost everyone that has the egr did about the same thing as removing it and blocking it off with a plate so whats weird about that

Re: dumba$$ need help?
Monday, May 29, 2006 4:50 PM
i seen some poeple put it in the back and some poeple put it in the front. i have one from the ac in the front and one from the FPR in the front too and another small on on the TB and one on the TB blocked off and the booster line on the TB as well. it run and i bought a larger hose for the Map and it not too bad now.

i turned the cruise around but they have different bracket holes so im goignt o rig something up. the cable is smaller then the opening on the 2.3 braket.

and still trying to find a small filter for the pvc thing.
runs okay
thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search