fuel pump issue i think.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pump issue i think....
Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:40 AM
well the other day in town i was waiting in traffic and my car just died. so i had to push it out of the way after a while of waiting for traffic to clear. i was just about to call and have it towed when this guy came out of the business where my car was(in his parking lot). i should also say that my car wouldn't start again. so me and my g/f went to go get some gas cuz it was low and i thought maybe i ran out. that wasn't the problem. so he said he had a pontiac that did the same thing and he told me to try and start it. when i try he's going to bang on the gas tank. so i did and it worked. he said that my fuel pump is going and when he banged on it, it jarred it or something and kicked it on.

so my question is. now that i need a new fuel pump should i just get a oem pump for my tank? i have just basic bolt ons and boost is in the future but not in the near future. either way, just an estimate. how much would i have to pay for labor to put in a fuel pump? from your guys' experiences.

Re: fuel pump issue i think....
Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:28 PM
i had that happen to me, thats how i got my car free is because it would die every 30 minutes and the ownes were tired of it. it took about 4 hours to switch the pump with rust causing most of the delay. as with going after market i dont know of anyone that makes an intank pump but if you find someone go with it. good luck.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:08 PM
If you're boosting, then go for the aftermarket pump for sure.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Saturday, May 27, 2006 8:18 PM
Why not do it yourself? If your going to boost: From the FAQs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search