Been awhile, any suggestions.. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Been awhile, any suggestions..
Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:29 AM
Its been awhile since Ive been on, finally got moved into my house and got settled in so now its back to working with my car. Im done with appearence now its tiem for some performance. As of now all I have is intake, 4-1 header, exhaust, high flow cat, rk lower mount, and b&m shiftplus (hence its an auto . I have comp stage 1 cams on the way Im also looking at rsm's lightened crank pulley, a bigger throttle body, Ive already ported out the TB side of the intake to get rid of the obstructions from the runners, Im leaving the head side alone there is no point since you cant port the entire runner. My goal is all motor mid to low 15's then use a 50 or 75 wet shot for the track. As of now my car is running 16.3-16.4 range I think it has a 16.0 in it just need some better tires and plus those times were with 3/4 tank of gas. Anyone have any suggestions or anything as to any other mods to help along with what I have and am getting. Of course I know the obvious is a p&p job but thats on down the road right now.

Re: Been awhile, any suggestions..
Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:17 PM
My suggestion: Give -- sell -- me your car. I love my Cavalier to death but it's really starting to rust underneath. Plus your car just looks sick.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:56 PM
stay away from rsm

get the gm eco s/c kit

Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:05 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]stay away from rsm

get the gm eco s/c kit

Really? Is the quality not very good or something, if not then I might go with an underdrive pulley instead. Id like to have the s/c kit but not enough money plus a turbo kit would be cheaper. But im gonna stick with n/a for now.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:07 PM
Actually, a direct bolt on s/c kit is $2,500. Not that bad for a supercharger. You might have to go to GM though, to reflash your ECM. But if you're going N/A, get a Upper Engine Mount from TurboTechRacing.com, and a lightweight alternator pulley from LD9 (in the group purchase section), and a lightweight crank pulley from CustomCarGrills.com . Wet Nitrous is a good idea too. If you don't want to mess with your internals just yet, that's about it unless you want to get a ground wire kit, a hypervoltage system, anything fuel related, or anything ignition related. I hope my imput helped.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:37 AM
Oh yeah, RSM prices are rip-off. And don't mess with and underdrive pulley, just get a stock ligthweight from CustomCarGrills.com.

Sorry forgot to mention that in my last post.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search