Custom exauhst - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Custom exauhst
Friday, May 26, 2006 8:25 PM
I am thinking of getting a custom exauhst (2.5 in) with magnaflow parts and a Pacesetter armorcoat header.. I can not find a magnaflow resinatior (did they stop production?). Than i'll get a cat-convertor (magnaflow) and a mufler (magnaflow) exaust tips (magnaflow) My priority is finding a resinator.

Re: Custom exauhst
Friday, May 26, 2006 9:55 PM
yeah, Magnaflow stopped production on their Magnapack and Powerpack resonators. However, a lot of people just use their 4" round mufflers as a resonator, since thats basically what it is, but Magnaflow calls it a muffler.

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:56 PM
Could always get a Thrush glasspack as well.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:31 AM
what about o2 sensors how will that affect a customer exahst if i use a cat witout 02 ports?

Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:42 AM
Just to give you some output, a 2.5in exhaust on your setup is way too much. I know Honda's with 200whp still losing torque with a 2.5in setup. I wouldn't do a 2.5in myself either unless I was running a 75 shot or had boost running in the single digits psi. I have a 2.25in Exhaust, High Flow Cat, and a flow through muffler, and I am pleased with it. I still have most of my torque, and I have a pretty good top end. If you have lots plans to mod your car in the future, but keep it N/A, I would run a 2.25in exhaust. If you plan to boost sometime in the near future, then I'd go with the 2.5in. But also, losing torque means it won't be a fun daily drive, you will need all your torque if that's the car you drive everyday.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:45 AM
seems a lot of people end up having problems if they go that route. Get cat# 9**** , ha! if forgot the number. Just search for it and you;ll find the part number pretty easily cause it's famous around here for not making CELs come on. It has the O2 bung ON the cat.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:28 PM
The part numbers are 94035 for 2.25 inch and 94036 for 2.5 inch.

---
coming soon...
Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:23 PM
I'm running 2.25 no problems. I had 2.5 for a while and I thought everyone was full of @!#$ so I scaled back to 2.25 and whata ya know, there's actually some truth to it. I picked up a little in the bottom end. Acceleration was smoother too.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:35 PM
you need the 02 sensors in the exhaust, otherwise you'll throw codes... i believe you can just tell the guy who does the exhaust to just weld up the proper o2 sensors in the cat, and i think you should be good... and yea, what everyone is saying about the loss of low end power with 2.5", is true. a more open exhaust is good for higher end power, and especially if you go the route of boost, but there really isnt a need for it on an N/A application.i would(and probably will) go with 2.25" tubing.
and really any glasspack muffler with a perforated core will be a perfect resonator, and the most theyll be is like 40 bux too.

good luck with your choice dude, im sure ull love it either way

Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:12 AM
I have a 14" magnaflow resonator I could sell you.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 2:49 PM
I got a 27" thrush glasspack at jeg's for $21.xx that would be a good route to go..I've heard people really like em

Sunday, May 28, 2006 3:46 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:I have a 14" magnaflow resonator I could sell you.

what is the in' 2.5 or 2.25? send me a message with total price (part plus shipping)...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search