Good Resonater? (exhaust nuts wanted) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good Resonater? (exhaust nuts wanted)
Friday, May 26, 2006 12:40 PM
ok, all you exhaust nuts out there, lemme hear about a good resonater that doesnt hurt flow or make your car sound stock?

i got a 14" generic resonater on it now, and sadly it is super quiet, my car sounds stock, even though the muffler is a straight through borla, its actually TOO quiet. the other problem is, when i put the resonater on, my BUTT DYNO(tm) gave readings that i lost any gains by the catback and borla muffler.

the reason i got the resonater in the first place was because of the nefarious back pops...like when you drop a gear down to slow down for a stop sign...all you hear is BRWWWAAAAAAA....POP...POP POP POP...CRACKLE...POP...BRWAAAAA....

I loved the sound of it without the resonater, untill i down shifted. is there a way to get around the backpops without totally stifling the exhaust and cutting the sound i love?

Re: Good Resonater? (exhaust nuts wanted)
Friday, May 26, 2006 4:16 PM
Personally i like to poping sound. But it does get a little anoying over long distances.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Friday, May 26, 2006 4:57 PM
I would go with a Magnaflow 4" round 14" long round muffler/resonator to do what you are describing. It has a perforated core, so it won't hinder flow in any way. My current setup is a 14" long and 4" round Magnaflow resonator and a Borla Turbo XL muffler. Even with the extra large Borla muffler, my system is definitely not quiet, and the resonator was just enough to get rids of the popping and buzzing. It just has a nice low growl to it.

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:35 PM
Go with a .42/.48 T3 Turbo into 2 1/2" mandrel bent to High flow cat into Magnaflow muffler with no resonator. It has a real nice deep tone and hardly any popping. Not too loud either.

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:12 PM
LOL!!! Buy me the turbo then DCStang!!!!

Seriously though, what your saying is essentially a glass pack from magnaflow...hrm...thats an idea....

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:56 PM
You've seen pics of my exhaust setup.... I have a 22" Cherry Bomb Perf Core glasspack. No "hornets on crack sound" and a nice throaty idle. Doesn't kill all the popping on a downshift though.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:54 PM
sorry for the thread jake but does any one know an estamite on one of these?

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:53 PM
I got my CBomb for $23.48 after tax

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search