Exhaust questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust questions
Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:26 PM
ok,
while driving one day, my exhaust started randomly making this horrible noise from underneath the car.
it sounded like i cracked the pipe or some bolts came loose or something. I took it my my buddies shop and he said that the flexpipe had cracked. This was a couple of days ago. But while driving tonight, i was pulling out from a side street and out of nowhere i hear this snapping sound. then my exhaust was 20 x louder. I checked underneath the car for anything wrong but i didn't see any pipes hanging or cracks, so i'm sure the flexpipe broke completely. So my question is, would i need a flex pipe if i replace the whole system (headers, convertor, cat back)?
I really don't know much about how that all works, but instead of just replacing the flex pipe i think i'm gonna go ahead and replace the entire system.
Any advice or comments will help, because i really don't have that much cash to be replacing the whole thing, but if it's worth it i'll do it. thanks

Re: Exhaust questions
Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:52 PM
If you don't have poly motor mounts to keep the motor from rotating then a flex pipe would help with a new exhaust cuz most if not all headers don't come with one and you might have the same problem again. Although I would suggest doing either the upper of lower mount at least, only tradeoff is a few vibrations.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search