camshaft - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
camshaft
Saturday, May 20, 2006 4:59 PM
hi i was wondering if it is worth swaping my camshaft for something else, i'm soon to be running direct port nitrous 150 or greater with fully build engine if so what cam

Re: camshaft
Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:11 PM
hahahahaha, yeah right. I'll be running a 300 shot with my stock engine yo. man those engines are the shizzle.

You need to read alot before saying something stupid like that. You want to run a shot of 150+ but you don't know how to choose a cam? That deserve the noob award of the day.

Also, I say BS to everything else you said AND what you'll say.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:41 AM
mfk you are one cool dude ya right , i posted to get help and other peoples advice not to get some dumb responce like yours
Sunday, May 21, 2006 4:42 AM
but i guess u cant help it your from quebec that says it all
Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:34 AM
Mfk-223 wrote:hahahahaha, yeah right. I'll be running a 300 shot with my stock engine yo. man those engines are the shizzle.

You need to read alot before saying something stupid like that. You want to run a shot of 150+ but you don't know how to choose a cam? That deserve the noob award of the day.

Also, I say BS to everything else you said AND what you'll say.
x2
Warren, you'll get no help with an attitude like that... Nevermind, here's some advice:
1) Learn to use the search function and help yourself.
2) We're not psychics here (at least I'm not), so we can't tell you what cam to get for your mystery engine, nor can we magically know what kind of powerband you want to run, or how the car will be used.
Having said that, I'll take a shot: try this one

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 10:48 AM
thanks for the response, i have a 2000 2.4L , figure what cam i need is stumping me so any kind of help is greatly appreciated thanks!
Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:09 PM
Ignore that guy..
All he does is criticize.
You need to stay mild, because of the stock computer, but cams are a great idea for your car.
Stay close to 200 duration (at .050" lift) and about .375" lift.
Much more than that, and you will probably have code/rich running problems
You don't need to spend alot of money. There are reasonably priced cams out there, less than $300/set.
That link is for an iron duke cam, not a 2.4
Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:17 PM
thanks for the info , was wondering if any one knows of a good company to go through
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:38 PM
turbo shadow wrote:That link is for an iron duke cam, not a 2.4
No ish. As I clearly stated, he had given us no info as to what engine he was buying 'a cam' for. I was being sarcastic in recommending a cam for an engine he clearly didn't have.
Warren, just to make sure you don't do something incredibly stupid, you do realize you have 2 cams, right? And don't be digging through your block trying to find them lol.
Just so I add something somewhat positive to this thread, try looking at the 'secret cam swap' sticky at the top of the forum. Since you STILL haven't stated what you were looking for from this engine, these will probably suit your purposes.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:59 PM
turbo shadow wrote:Ignore that guy..

That wasn't directed at you.
Monday, May 22, 2006 4:45 AM
hi people , of course i know that i have two cams, i'm just looking for some info about what kind of camss people have used and recommend, depending who i talk to some say that swapping cam will not give me good results or even any results! Thanks again for the help

2000 SUNFIRE GT MANUAL
AEM intake
ZEX 75 shot
ZEX purge kit
ZEX Bottle Pressure Gauge
NGK TR6's
Helix Trottle Body Spacer
rsm upper and lower engine mount
rsm front and rear strut tower brace
Good Year Eagle F1 GSD3 225/50ZR16 Tires
front and rear transmission mounts
soon to have rebuilt motor wiesco nitrous alloy pistons, H-Beams w/ARP 2000 rod bolts, clevitte main & rod bearings,copper head gasket, JBP performance camshaft, jbp high pressure oil pump,aem FPR, then it's time to do the uper engine

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search