EcoTec DC sports header??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EcoTec DC sports header???
Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:15 AM
can you tell a differnce in sound with the DC sport header?I was wordering this since it dosnt have a down pipe.
thanks james

Re: EcoTec DC sports header???
Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:55 AM
no down pipe = you have to make one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Car Specs
Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:16 PM
didnt notice any sound difference with the 1 on the g/fs cav

Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:25 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ WRONG ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^, it uses the stock downpipe, no need to fab one up. I have the DC Sports header on my car, but I don't know about sound though. It interacts with the exhaust you have, so with the thermal exhaust you have, I don't think theres any way it could sound bad, I have a Borla catback (I think they sound about the same). The thing you will notice is that you top end is A LOT less sluggish, but you do pay for it in a little bottom end power. Its a real nice piece and I would buy it again if I got another cav.
Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:34 PM
yeah i think im going to get it i need some little more top end

Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:29 PM
When i put my 4-2-1 on my LD9, the noise changed. I also had to consider there was a high flow cat involved, and now the front half of the exhaust was the same size as the catback.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:02 PM
When I installed my header I noticed a HUGE difference in sound. It definitely needs a resonator.

Monday, May 22, 2006 3:47 PM
^^^ couldn't agree more, i have pacesetter by the way

ecopower
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:45 PM
okay i went and order the dc sport header i got it from a shop around my area for 384.00 thats with tax and eveything and they will have it tomarrow.i looked all over online and found it for 400.00 or more without shipping.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search