PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY HO SWAP !!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY HO SWAP !!!!
Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:38 PM
I did my HO swap but now I have 2 trouble code
- P0405 which is the EGR code I clear the code but my fan stays on. Thats my first problem
-P0122 TPS/Pedal Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input, I bought a new sensor but it still throws the code, Is it because I may be putting the TPS sensor the wrong way or i just dont know how to put it on??? do I have to wind the spring in the TPS snsor or I just pop it into place... and could this be why my fan stays on.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I AM VERY FRUSTRUATED

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY HO SWAP !!!!
Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:08 PM
fan usally runs when a DTC is set. could be the EGR or the TPS. What sensor are you using with what TB?

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Friday, May 19, 2006 4:27 PM
I am running a 2.3l TPS. What is a DTC?? I am buying a new TPS after work today.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 1:23 AM
A DTC is a Diagnostic Trouble Code. And, are you sure your qualified to do an engine swap???? Sorry, just that most people who have the knowledge to swap an engine know what a DTC is.

Is the pcm in your ride the one that goes with the engine your using. Thing about pcm's is, if the code on them is programmed for say a 2.4L and your trying to run a 2.3L engine it wont run right. You'll get mysterous codes, and DTC's for different reasons.

The fan is staying on because of the TPS or EGR code.

As for the EGR code, it may not be the right EGR setup for that year of pcm.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:49 AM
^^^^^are you sure you're qualified to reply to his thread? i'll put money down he's talking about the HO manifold swap, and not the entire engine.

are you using a 2.3 TB as well as the sensor? or the 2.4 TB?
Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:52 PM
use the 2.3 sensors with the 2.3 tb
and the 2.4 sensors with the 2.4 tb
and i have a question for you..what did you do with the egr? remove it completly?
and what kind of gains are you getting from the mani?

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:31 PM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:^^^^^are you sure you're qualified to reply to his thread? i'll put money down he's talking about the HO manifold swap, and not the entire engine.

are you using a 2.3 TB as well as the sensor? or the 2.4 TB?

Yes i'm qualified. The question he asked was, "What was a DTC?" I guess only a noob would ask that or someone who had no clue with a DTC is.

Even if he only did the TB swap, something is throwing thoes codes and it has to be corrected.
Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:43 PM
I had that same problem when I was playing around with my engine both those codes. I can't remember exactly what I did but I played around with the sensor and the code went away hasnt come back.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:35 PM
ok, you have a 2.4? correct? and running a 2.3 sensor on a 2.4 ECU, well theres your problem, you'd have to use your old sensor from the 2.4 items!

Kardain wrote:Tonite on Fox:
When X's attack

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:38 PM
NO NO NO when you put the 2.3 throttle body on you use all the sensor that come with the 2.3 throttle body witch are 2.3 sensors. so when you use your 2.3 t/b you use the 2.3l iac sensor and the 2.3l tps sensor.

2.3l throttle body 2.3l sensors

2.4l throttle body 2.4l sensors

just like streetfighterz said

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:04 AM
i got my ho on last night and it runs really rich could it be cause i removed the egr? if so what could i do to fix it?

Dark for fear of failure
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Death blooms.-mudvayne

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:05 AM
damit i meant to start a new thread. sorry nycz24 didn't mean to thread jack ya

Dark for fear of failure
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Monday, May 22, 2006 12:17 PM
Dick Jones wrote:ok, you have a 2.4? correct? and running a 2.3 sensor on a 2.4 ECU, well theres your problem, you'd have to use your old sensor from the 2.4 items!

wrong.......

its already been said like 3 times.

2.3l throttle body 2.3l sensors

2.4l throttle body 2.4l sensors

Monday, May 22, 2006 12:33 PM
yes.

2.3 TB uses the 2.3 sensors

2.4 tb uses the 2.4 sensors. I'm gonna have to second/third/fourth/fifth this argument.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:18 AM
i dont think i could be from the egr cuz i had my stock mani on with no egr for some time and my friend has a tuner for his gtp so we can check codes and stuff on the cav so we checked air/fuel and it was perfect with No egr on the stock mani with the 56mm t/b

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:19 PM
I changed the TPS today and then I was able to clear the codes... of course i still have to clear the EGR code every time I turn the car on, but other than that my HO manifold swap was straight forward thanks to the Instructions... My car "feels" faster after 3000rpm and I am sure it makes alot more noise than before... and I was always using 2.3 sensors I just had a SH!@#ty TPS the first time....thanks everyone I will try to post pics if I can today.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 4:36 PM
in the forums where it gives you the instructions to do the swap it says use your sensor from the 2.4 TB. look on New York J body's and it has all the info. when i do mine i'm going to use my 2.4 sensors. do what you want i guess.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:41 PM
nick renaud wrote:in the forums where it gives you the instructions to do the swap it says use your sensor from the 2.4 TB. look on New York J body's and it has all the info. when i do mine i'm going to use my 2.4 sensors. do what you want i guess.

good luck with that.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:34 AM
urweak wrote:
nick renaud wrote:in the forums where it gives you the instructions to do the swap it says use your sensor from the 2.4 TB. look on New York J body's and it has all the info. when i do mine i'm going to use my 2.4 sensors. do what you want i guess.

good luck with that.

x2

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:00 AM
NY J-body HO swap instructions

Are you saying that these instructions are wrong?? I thought those were the difinative instructions for HO swaps... If that is not correct someone should update that...

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:54 AM
you can use the 2.3 tps there is no need to change it to the 2.4 and the 2.3 iac also works

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search