looking far a header less than.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking far a header less than....
Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:01 AM
http://www.i-performance.biz/header/2-2ohv.html
this looks like the one that will fit my car can anyone correct me if im wrong?

can anyone help me in finding a estore or somewhere i can buy this par (PN SHBILL14C) for less than $679.00 that they are asking for??

Re: looking far a header less than....
Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:43 AM
for 700 he better come put that on my car.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:06 AM
it looks like a hood setup they said it make more hp than rk and pacesetter??
i would buy it just want it for less than what there asking for...

Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:19 AM
get the pacesetter and call it a day man...phil
Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:32 AM
That's a freaking rip off. Get a Pacesetter painted header for $150 or so. Get a Magnaflow Cat for $70 or so.
Find a muffler you like, buy it, then go to an exhaust shop to have them put it all together as well as make custom piping for it. It will come out to be a LOT cheaper than $700.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:55 AM
Those are probably the Best headers you can get... They are the only company that I've seen to actually post dyno tests of thier gear... who else can claim that... I know a couple guys that have the 2.4 header and they swear by it. So say what you will but if you want a 4-2-1 header these are apparently the best on the market...

Hey Jr... are you sure this is the right header for your car? I see you have a 2.2 OHV in your profile but the car is a 2002... If I remember correct they swapped to the 2.2 ecotec part way through that year and if that is the case then that header will not work for the Eco....

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Sunday, May 14, 2006 12:33 PM
Bill gets a lot of hateful reviews... generally from people who have never even seen the header in person.

As one of the few... the proud.... I bought a used i-Performance header for my 2.4L... I'm going to install it on this car as soon as I fabricate a new downpipe (long story).... but it is, without a doubt, the best piece you can buy for the J-body. It's not some mass-produced hunk of junk "that will do"... it's simply the best.

Sure, you can spend way less and get a header.... but there's some of us out here that do seek the best... and this is it. If you haven't tried one, you don't know what you're talking about

Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:55 PM
where can i find one for less than what they are asking for?

Sunday, May 14, 2006 3:01 PM
john ive got a iperformance header , and its a piece of crap

ive got to get both collectors on the header replaced , because the balls for the ball sockets are bad , and the flanges are warped also

for the money , get a coated pacesetter , and a magnaflow cat , youll make equal power and still have money for something else

Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:02 PM
Almost $700 for aluminized steel. I'd hate to see the price of a stainless version.

Monday, May 15, 2006 10:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PACESETTER-HEADERS-98-02-CHEVY-CAVALIER-72C1276_W0QQitemZ8061207100QQcategoryZ33631QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i found this (if theres anything cheaper out there let me know) it should fit my car but it is listed as a cavalier part do you know if i can install this part on my car? and where do O2 sensors go?

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:46 PM
gravana tuning and turbo tech racing are cheaper

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:23 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]gravana tuning and turbo tech racing are cheaper
thanks for all your help

last question before i buy

whent to pasecetter website and found the item#
----- 72C1276 ARMOR*Coat, 98-02 Cavalier/Sunfire 2.2L (exc. Ecotec) 389.95 -----

mote sites i go to have the same part # but have it listed as a Cavalier part will it fit? and is there anything else i would need to buy to have it installed???

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:40 AM
yes... they are the exact same motor... They are just too lazy to list both...

Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:42 AM
I should mention that they are the same if you don't have the ECO motor... There is an ECO and a 2.2L OHV motor... the header you are showing is for the 2.2L OHV... NOT the ECO!!!!

Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:44 AM
cavalier and sunfire is the same car engine and all... so yeah it will fit...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search