high performance oil filter? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high performance oil filter?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:49 AM
has anyone found a good oil filter for ecotech? The only thing i have found is cheap paper. Cartridges are so easy to change, but damn the selection sucks!

Re: high performance oil filter?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:50 AM
Well ull laughbut we used to use rolls of toilet paper for our race boat...apparently one of the best filters to use..go figure..phil
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:24 PM
your not going to get any performance from an oil filter.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:28 PM
stick to delco. Performance oil filter, hahaha good one. Wanna buy a set of performance muffler bearings? I have them cheap. You need them to go over 108mph.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:29 PM
If by high performance you mean high quality, then the only filter I can think of is the Hastings one, its sold on the Amsoil website. Also, all the filters made for our cars are paper or the like, I don't know what else you want a internal type filter to be made of.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:31 PM
ummm, not trying to gain horsepower here, just looking for a higher quality oil filter. Maybe you dont know they benefits of having clean oil, o well
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:33 PM
thanks I'll check that out. I never have a problem finding performance oil filters for my truck. Pretty basic, made by K&N, but they dont make cartridge
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:38 PM
Maybe you don't understand that Delco filter are cheap and that Synthetic oil stay clean. It's just marketing.

Go on a drag stip, a dirt track or any racing event. Alot of guy are using Fram filter witch are the cheapest one. Why buy a freaking filter that cost 20$ when it does the same thing as a 5$ filter at Gm.
You have to understand one thing, Most company warranty their car with THEIR filter for over 10 years. do you think it's crap? The stock filter is perfect for what you do. You probably don't run for hours on a track too so there's no need. If you want to waste money on anything that say PERFORMACE this and performance that, you'll end up with a big POS car.

You joined today and you believe anything a company will say. I must s*** to be you but in another way, you're blind for not seeing the catch.

If you want clean oil, change your oil and filter more often.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:43 PM
wow your a dumbass sorry for asking. If you dont know anything about a topic then why would you post? Its really not difficult to understand that if you have a better oil filter then your oil stays cleaner longer. It you use pure syn oil that costs out the ass then its usually a good idea to keep it clean as long as you can. If your oil is clean you dont have to change it as often. I bet you run 2 dollar sludge in your engine.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:46 PM
and your car is ugly
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:51 PM
Brad M wrote:and your car is ugly

nice maturity there buddy

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:52 PM
haha i thought it was funny
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:58 PM
no performance and i read a page a long time ago. In terms of filters i was suprised the article had AC delco's near the top for good filtration and pure one. Guess what was last FRAM. Best bang for your buck from a couple articles was AC Delco and Pureone

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:35 PM
wow, I am surprised. I guess that answered my question. Thanks
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:09 PM
Brad M wrote: and your car is ugly

To each his own, buddy. He obviously likes it, leave it at that.

Brad M wrote: Maybe you dont know they benefits of having clean oil, o well

That's probably one of the most ignorant things I've heard on this website. Mfk knows his stuff, don't smart off to him for making a comment.

But anyway, because of how the oil filter is positioned in Ecotecs, you can replace it without dropping the oil. I did it last week. No car ramps or anything needed, just the correct tools to get the cap off. Change the filter every 1,500 miles if you'd like. It couldn't hurt. Good luck.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:12 PM
If you want excellent filtration, try the purolator pure one. the filter media is noticably thicker and test results have been excellent. There are some great forums you can check out at www.bobistheoilguy.com. Probably one of the best resources out there for oil/filters/additives/etc.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:19 PM
I've always used Wix filters. I doubt it matters much.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:34 PM
there were atleast 2 write ups done on this.

2 tihng that make a good filter
1. you can tell easy. look inside. alot of holes=good
2. the number of pleats in the filter.

some guy or guys bought a bunch of filters and took them apart. they found out that honda canada rpelcaement filters are the same as fram lol.

google it.

i go to canadian tire to get my stuff. quaker state looked good. good name. valvoline looked the same o nthe inside but was pricy. after 7k km on castrol syntec the oil still looked pretty clean.

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search