motor mount vibration - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor mount vibration
Monday, March 27, 2006 2:46 PM
just wondering if I go back to a stock upper motor mount will my dash stop vibrating? I have a 97 2.4 with a pacesetter header and both upper and lower mounts. I was wondering if I go back to the stock upper mount will the welds on the header break. I know people say you should have both mounts but I'm tired of the vibrations, my dash seems to be rattling off every time I drive my car.
thanks for your help

what is is yo

Re: motor mount vibration
Monday, March 27, 2006 3:56 PM
Do you have a flex pipe?

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:32 PM
Is a flex pipe neccesary with the Pacesetter coated header? There are those couple springs at the flare joint, are those inadequate? I just installed mine and hope I need not go back to put in a flex pipe.
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:38 PM
no i have no flex pipe? I guess my question is, will the vibrations stop if I take out the upper motor mount and replace it with the stock one?

what is is yo
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:48 PM
do you have both mounts or just the upper?
if you have both. then replace the lower

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:33 PM
If you just put the mounts in, give it a few weeks before making up your mind. It will soften a little.

Monday, March 27, 2006 8:09 PM
i have had them in for about three months now.it is horrible.

what is is yo
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:17 AM
I wonder if anyone makes some softer bushings that will fit...

I've got the ones Mark Pain used to sell in mine and am quite happy with them.

I know the vibrations you're talking about and can't say I blame you for wanting to be rid of them. I've been in cars like that and it makes me happy to have the softer ones.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:03 AM
i'm going back to the stock upper mount asap

what is is yo
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:26 AM
You asked about breaking your header due to engine movement. Without a flex pipe, the only movement your exhaust has is what the hangers can accommodate. Assuming that's not enough flex, and your stock mounts are soft enough... yes eventually you can. Is it likely? No.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:33 PM
also if you live in a place where its cold. that dont help either.
go back to stock on the lower mount. i think thats what causes most of the vibes.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:01 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I wonder if anyone makes some softer bushings that will fit...

I've got the ones Mark Pain used to sell in mine and am quite happy with them.

I know the vibrations you're talking about and can't say I blame you for wanting to be rid of them. I've been in cars like that and it makes me happy to have the softer ones.

You also have to remember... SOFTER is not always better... If you want softer and want no vibs then stick it out witht he OEM mount that comes with it. Also, you can only go so soft with urethane. 68 85 95 are more or less your only options...

Any kind of aftermarket mount will add viberations... more or less you have to pick what you want......

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:40 PM
will my header welds break if I go back to stock mounts?

what is is yo
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:52 PM
Replacing the upper mount is probably not going to stop the vibes. The lower mount is the one that makes the biggest difference. If you do not have a flex pipe I would not chance it. People have had the welds break. Truly the vibes are not that bad, Heck my motor still moves more than I would like it to, but tranny mounts will fix that.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:53 PM
Quote:

Replacing the upper mount is probably not going to stop the vibes. The lower mount is the one that makes the biggest difference.

GO PATS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search