ECOTEC loss of power???? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOTEC loss of power????
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:09 AM
OK here is the deal... I have bags on my car... riding low smack the living hell out of a couple of reflectors , didn't really notice anything. Yesterday it seemed like my car was not as loud as it normally is (loud exhaust), didn't think anything of it. This morning I'm on my way to work on the interstate and go to romp on it and its like a 84 Honda Civic slow and I can here my motor over the exhaust (VERY WEIRD). I stop by the store, raise my car and take a peek and there is a BIG A$$ dent in my cat (reflectors ) so I'm thinking my I beat the hell out of my cat and it caved in clogging my exhaust. What do you guys think????

-Brandon

Re: ECOTEC loss of power????
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:15 AM
agreed.. you probly smushed thestuff inside the cat

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:56 AM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:smushed the stuff inside the cat

I died when I read that statement.

-Brandon

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:45 AM
yeah i agree with qbe

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:48 AM
damn.. I killed someone... I feel guilty

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, March 27, 2006 10:12 AM
redecocav,
I agree with the above responses and urge you to replace your converter immediately. Clogged exhaust like this can cause some serious engine damage to include burndt valves, overheating which leads to a whole bunch more mess.
See YA!
Monday, March 27, 2006 11:20 AM
Yeah I dont have the cash for a cat right this second so I am just going to cut it out or gut it as a temp fix.

-Brandon

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:30 PM
Ok took the cat out and that solved the problem but.... THIS MUTHER @!#$ER IS LOUD!!!! I have got to get another cat and fast.

-Brandon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search