2.3 ho swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3 ho swap
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:41 AM
hey guys any body know what all i need to do a 2.3 ho swap in my 95 z 2.3

Re: 2.3 ho swap
Monday, March 27, 2006 4:46 AM
Search

I normally don't say this. but seriously. do some research my friend. The knowledge is there.

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:23 AM
i have researched it. i have been told it is just drop in and go that every thing is the same thats why iam asking.i would think i would have to sawp ecu and wiring harness.but if u know where i can get some more info?
Monday, March 27, 2006 10:43 AM
if you have a 95z..that already has the 2.3 and a MANUAL transmission..then it is a drop in...all the wiring is the same,and the pcm will work fine( but try to spare some change for the HO chip to go with it if you can) but remember this...keep your stock 2.3 close by because a few things need to be changed over!

Monday, March 27, 2006 11:04 AM
thanks
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:03 PM
close...you can't just use the HO ecu, i think you have to use the PROM from mantapart....the chip will help cuz HO's make power to 6800 whereas your old 2.3 only makes power to like 6200, so you're missin a good chunk of the powerband...if you can snag the HO tranny too from a 92 year car, you'll get better gear ratios too with a stronger differential

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:48 PM
can i use the ho out of a 92 gtz or a scx does it matter. i was going to go to jasper to get the engine and tranny un less i can find a good doner.iam going to swap every thing that i have to.
Monday, March 27, 2006 2:44 PM
Scx had a W41. The 2.3 Lo and 95 made power around 5750rpm and the Ho made peak power at 6200rpm. the W41 had peak power at 6800rpm with the stock W41. W41 hotcams 1 and 2 had an higher peak power.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:12 PM
whoaaaaaa ...clean up time
Quote:

you can't just use the HO ecu, i think you have to use the PROM from mantapart

dont use the HO ecu keep your 95 ecu and all the wiring,dont change anything,the HO chip will help but the stock ecu will still run the HO engine without problems...

Quote:

can i use the ho out of a 92 gtz or a scx does it matter

actually.. any 92+ tranny will work as long as it was attached to a HO after 92...but the tranny is a trickier swap than the engine...youll need to make a bracket for one of the shift cable links,youll use your isuzu top tranny mount and the getrag front tranny mount...and the top mount will need a few washers( or equivilent) to make it bolt on solid...errr...theres pics that explain this,its not hard, ill find the pics for ya just give me a bit

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:39 PM
well here ya go chris...here is the bracket that needs made to extend one of the cables and here is the difference of the mount on the tranny....one top bolt will line up perfect..the other 2 as shown need spacers ( i made my own from steel ) but you could use washers or even a nut.

all pictures thanks go to Cavfan1

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:53 AM
thanks for the pics

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:11 AM
will a mk7 tranny be a good swap to go with the ho
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search