Motor Mounts and Inserts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Motor Mounts and Inserts
Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:53 PM
i was lookin round a few sites and I see motor Mounts and Motor Inserts...some insite to the inserts would help...

Re: Motor Mounts and Inserts
Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:09 PM
You have a 1997 J Body, your lower mount is a complete full replacement and your upper mount you can get an insert for it. Both will help out a lot.

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:01 PM
ok

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:09 PM
ive got the one's from carcustoms.netand they do help out alot

Dark for fear of failure
An inner gloom as wide as an eye and fermenting
Roiling hate
Death gripped my veins
Unveiling rancid petals
Flowering forth foul nectar
The space between a blink and a tear
Death blooms.-mudvayne
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:46 PM
the inserts are for the 2.4 and the 2.2 engine. they work with the stock upper engine mount. the lower is a complete replacement.

the Ecotec mounts are bth replacements

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, April 18, 2011 2:40 PM
digging up old thread because these are what i found due to searching. anyway. I have the rksport upper mount insert in my 00 2200. is the insert an addition or a replacement of the original rubber.

wondering this because I would like to return to stock. I know I have to track down the original lower. car rattles way too much from idling and around 40mph

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:23 PM
really, would have thought 24hrs was enough time for even a negative comment. I know like 60% of you have these inserts or something like them....

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:28 PM
I had one in my old car, I didn't mind it, just a vibration, not hurting anyone.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:37 PM
No its not hurting anyone but its annoying as F. The whole dask vibrates loudly.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:48 PM
hey if ur looking for stock mounts go to rockauto.com...i recently replace my upper and lower mounts plus bought sum bendix break pads and only spent 95 bucks..theyre mounts are half the price as a parts store and its good quality stuff
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:49 PM
Hey thanks I will look into that. Hell of a deal then what autozone has.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:55 PM
Daniel Cooper wrote:hey if ur looking for stock mounts go to rockauto.com...i recently replace my upper and lower mounts plus bought sum bendix break pads and only spent 95 bucks..theyre mounts are half the price as a parts store and its good quality stuff

+1 Rockauto is my go-to site for oem-spec, non-performance parts.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:21 PM
once you add trans mounts 90% of the annoying vibrations go away.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:50 PM
Copter wrote:once you add trans mounts 90% of the annoying vibrations go away.

Agreed, you will have a lot less vibs if you use ALL poly mounts, than just do 1 mount... Upper Engine, Lower Engine, and trans are all needed.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:51 PM
The upper is just an insert. Fills in the air apace around the stock rubber. Here's a few pics from mine.

You could pull it out pretty easily.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:02 PM
Mike wrote:The upper is just an insert. Fills in the air apace around the stock rubber. Here's a few pics from mine.

That does work okay, it does about 1/2 the job, it still has all that stock soft rubber in there allowing the engine to move... Dont get me wrong inserts work well for the price, but are not the ultimate option.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:04 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:

Agreed, you will have a lot less vibs if you use ALL poly mounts, than just do 1 mount... Upper Engine, Lower Engine, and trans are all needed.

true, i installed my lower mount, top mount insert, and transmission mounts and the vibration is very minimum. i only notice it if i have my a/c on and even then its very little vibration..

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:19 PM
05kar wrote:
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:

true, i installed my lower mount, top mount insert, and transmission mounts and the vibration is very minimum. i only notice it if i have my a/c on and even then its very little vibration..

And that is only when you are sitting at idle, when you drive you should feel NO vibs...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:14 PM
You sell a full upper engine mount that is polly, TTR?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:36 PM
Dustin Trimble wrote:You sell a full upper engine mount that is polly, TTR?

Yes we carry EVERY mount on www.TurboTechRacing.com

Check them out, we have a solution for every year (1995-05) every engine, every transmission. We are the first and only company to offer this selection.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:24 PM
Aaron, you are missing one transmission mount. The 3 speed mount. Then again I doubt you have any demand for it beyond myself and a couple others.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:22 AM
Mike wrote:The upper is just an insert. Fills in the air apace around the stock rubber. Here's a few pics from mine.

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. I dont want to replace anything really, im gonna pull that insert out.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:00 AM
MadJack wrote:Aaron, you are missing one transmission mount. The 3 speed mount. Then again I doubt you have any demand for it beyond myself and a couple others.

Oh your right! That is the only mount we have never made, but there are very few out there, and the 4 speed auto was used a lot more, and the 4 speed auto sell slow...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:59 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:
05kar wrote:
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:

And that is only when you are sitting at idle, when you drive you should feel NO vibs...

true, only at idle is the vibration there

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:02 PM
Ya took mine out too dash vibrated like all hell!!!! I had prothanes not woth the confort of everything vibrating!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search